PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Cedar Mesa

psl53
02-25-2006, 01:38 PM
Just got back from a couple days hiking Cedar Mesa. Great weather, we could use a little more snow on top. Check out some photos.
http://community.webshots.com/user/lamorte53
Peter

Iceaxe
02-26-2006, 05:35 PM
I love visiting the ruins in Cedar Mesa. Which canyons did you visit? One of the pics looks like a ruin in Mule Canyon, but its been five years since I was last there so its hard to remember.

:popcorn:

psl53
02-26-2006, 06:11 PM
Yep, that and Road. The weather was great, you gotta love Utah!
Peter

bruce from bryce
02-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Great photos.

Question: do you have the premium package with Webshots?
The reason I ask is that I have the basic package and just recently my connection with my user name has stopped working. I was wondering if this was a ploy by them to get me to upgrade.

Thanks for your reply.

psl53
02-27-2006, 06:28 AM
No Bruce,
I joined just the other day to post those pictures. I have a free account, I'll see how long that lasts.
Peter

stefan
02-27-2006, 09:19 PM
3-4 years ago i spent 4 days in feb in cedar mesa area. two of the days it snowed 2 feet [confirmed by ranger].
We spent two snowy days in the mule canyons, it was fantastic. i always love the cedar mesa ss with snow.

anyway, one of the large ruins where the canyon narrows was incredible. everything in the canyon was covered
with about a foot+ of snow, the snow was coming down hard, but in this alcove it was completely dry and incredibly
bright and orange. there was even a bold straight line where the snow began and the alcove ended. very surreal!

it was one of those days where i was kicking myself that i didn't have a camera!
course i still have the image burnt into my mind...

stefan