PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Photos from Hard Day Harvey - 2/19/06

bruce from bryce
02-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Did HDH with Ram, John B and Jason (Goofball). Quite a learning curve, wonderful canyon with tight slots and some difficult turns. Not skilled enough yet for climbing high so did some major damage on my Exums.

As we parked at the 4x4 trailhead we hiked along the east side of the canyon after finishing. We exited at approximately 37,38',40"N & 110,33'90"W. Jason tried to go right up the wall to the north but it was a no go. Used a fault crack to move right up the side.

Great workout and superb views. :2thumbs:

bruce from bryce

bruce from bryce
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
I'll post my other photos here.

stefan
02-24-2006, 02:02 PM
Nice photos, thanks for sharing. :thumb:

it is a wonderful canyon.

stefan

shaggy125
02-27-2006, 08:08 PM
Very nice, HDH is really great. Did you guys make it to the spot where you are standing at the edge of some 700 or 800 foot cliffs dropping down into the lake? That was my favorite view on the hike out, but I'm not sure if you guys would have passed it or not doing the fault canyon exit. Just wondering. The spot I'm talking about is at 12:15 in my video. That exit along slickrock is fun and worth the hike alone, throw in a really great canyon and you end up with more fun than a person should be allowed to have.

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2006/01/my-fault-and-your-fault-video-tr.html

Eric.

RAM
02-27-2006, 08:43 PM
Did you guys make it to the spot where you are standing at the edge of some 700 or 800 foot cliffs dropping down into the lake? That was my favorite view on the hike out, but I'm not sure if you guys would have passed it or not

Yupper. That is where we did our trundling. Goofball tried to get a rock to the lake. Did surprisingly well, but not quite. Scary fun spot. :twisted:

bruce from bryce
02-28-2006, 06:20 AM
I was too tired from that first hike out to do an trundling. But the view was fantastic.

Eric, I had saved the website for your video and showed people your shots after they saw my digital pics. Together they tell the story.

One thing I noticed in your video and in my photos is that when we are working hard to get through the difficult spots we stop taking pics. After crawling through that one narrow spot I was going to stop and shoot but said I had taken up too much of our time and passed. Next time....

bretoyce
09-15-2009, 07:46 PM
:popcorn:

goofball
09-15-2009, 08:27 PM
fantastic canyon. i think.... don't really remember anything of the canyon itself, just an emotional memory of a great day, par for the course. our "RPS" (ram positioning satellite) was a little iffy, but got us in. :2thumbs: and i remember sliding off a corner traverse and you getting wedged in that crack down low. still makes me chuckle, me befoer and others behind tugging and pushing and trying to unwedge you. found an arrowhead on the way out, traded a couple thoughts on the little slot to the east (?) as we exited by it, and making a rock to the lake is hard !

it was a very enjoyable day.