PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Old, beat up Camcorder WANTED!

Sombeech
02-15-2006, 12:01 PM
As you know, I have just purchased a helmet camera. My current camcorder is NOT compatible, so I have to borrow one temporarily.

I am looking for a Camcorder with an A/V "in" plug. Most Camcorders out there are A/V "out" only. But there's still plenty that have the "in".

Basically, if you can dub Audio/Video from an outside source, such as a VCR, DVD player, or even TV, you have A/V in. A/V out will only allow you to record your footage FROM your camera to the VCR or TV.

Your instruction manual will note if it is in, out, or both.

I would even like to buy a DAMAGED Camcorder, with a cracked lens, or broken viewfinder. I do not need these features with a helmet camera. With these problems, most people want to get rid of the machine anyways.

Thanks for your help, tell your friends and family. :mrgreen:

Alex
06-26-2006, 11:14 AM
Dude, why don't you just dub it in Adobe Premier or something? Get it into digital format, then push a few buttons, make your hawt sexy voice heard and then burn a dvd?

crazy horse
06-26-2006, 11:16 AM
Because he's not trying to dub it, he's trying to record footage from the helmet cam onto the camcorder.

Alex
06-26-2006, 11:54 AM
OK.... so does the helmet cam have A/V out? Or what does it have?

Sombeech
06-26-2006, 01:16 PM
OK.... so does the helmet cam have A/V out? Or what does it have?

The helmet cam is a camera lens only. It still needs a camcorder as the recording device, and specifically a camcorder with A/V in/out on it, and not just out.

Here's a thread I did describing my current helmet cam setup.
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2705

Alex
06-26-2006, 01:46 PM
I dont' know much about analog technology anymore, but here is another option for you to think about. I am going to do this on my paddling helmet, or similiar to it:

http://users.frii.com/uliasz/weblog/C1310134656/E20060610173758/index.html

I bought this camera for $270 at costco. The video can go for 30 mins I believe, then editing it is going to be a TON better than capturing analog to digital and then editing it. Let me know what you think.