PDA

View Full Version : Shamrock Upclimb Video

shaggy125
02-13-2006, 08:36 PM
Day two of our canyon weekend (day one was Shenanigans) we attempted to upclimb Shamrock (Left Fork of Leprechaun). We kind of made it. We were turned around at the climb just before the two upper forks meet. We could have tried throwing a potshot or something, but opted to take the easy walkout downcanyon. It was a good time, a bit more work than regular canyoneering, but no less fun. Warning, the video includes one of Josh's findings, one of the most obnoxious songs ever recorded, but it's becoming a tradition to crank it up in the truck and laugh at the oddly random lyrics.

Eric.

P.S. Is it just me or every time I post a video someone adds the canyon to their website. First, after doing Hard Day Harvey and Good Day Jim, Shane shortly added them. Now after the Shenanigans video, Tom posted the route. Unfortunately for you beta lovers, this ones already on both their sites so nothing new.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8541610351623400654

Udink
02-13-2006, 09:08 PM
Sublime! :2thumbs: I've really enjoyed the videos you've posted, they're really well-done and make me want to get out and do something! :haha:

Windwalker
02-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Very, very nicely done. :popcorn: Watched it a couple times. Like Udink said "Makes me want to get out and do some." Except our little excursions are more on the mom & pop "walkin & walkout". But even then it's a great sport. Love It.

Iceaxe
02-15-2006, 07:36 AM
P.S. Is it just me or every time I post a video someone adds the canyon to their website. First, after doing Hard Day Harvey and Good Day Jim, Shane shortly added them. Now after the Shenanigans video, Tom posted the route. Unfortunately for you beta lovers, this ones already on both their sites so nothing new.

Actually your video's probably do play a role in when certain canyon routes are posted to websites. It was certainly the case of HDH and GDJ. When you post a video of a really cool canyon I (and I assume Tom) get slammed with beta requests so other canyoneers can visit the same canyon. This same situation happens when someone posts some really good pictures of a canyon. Your videos are of extremely high quality and create a major interest in the canyon community.

Anyhoo..... I really enjoy your videos so keep up the good work.

:popcorn: