PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Wolf Mountain (Nordic Valley) -- TR

Sombeech
02-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Nordic Valley, now officially Wolf Mountain is located in Eden, just east of Ogden, over the mountain. It's west of Powder Mountian, and North of Snowbasin.

http://wolfmountaineden.com/

So, anyways here's how the night skiing went tonight. $15 - not bad at all. The Snowboard rental was $20, more than the lift ticket. I snowboarded and accadacca skied.

It was mildly snowing, and I was wishing I had goggles. This was my first time in 4 years that I've hit the slopes because of my knee. I would have to say the runs were OK, but a little icy. We found a decent run that provided mild powder most of the way down though.

The big lift was terribly slow, and we heard them say the motor was overheating. Then, on our third ride up, it stopped. That was it. 3 runs. We hit the lift at 5:30, and at 6:40 the lift stopped. :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

C'mon, people! This isn't a new problem, either!!

So, all they had left was the bunny hill lift. Screw that, we went to the ticket booth at 7:15 and got a raincheck for another night. To our surprise, the rental shop did the same. The resort had partially redeemed themselves. They had given us another free lift pass, and free rental for another night.

I would be satisfied, but this lift problem has been happening for @15 years. I complained this statement to them also, and they laughed because they knew I was right. Rumors are, this year they will tear it out and extend it all the way to the top of the hill.

We all know that this is one of the smallest resorts in the country. But the ticket prices are unbeatable. Monday night is $8 night, and we were warned that it is very busy on monday nights. Also, be sure to call before you go up to check the status on the big lift. It will be down Feb 5th and 6th.

Here's the pics.