PDA

View Full Version : uutah.com St George invitation

Sombeech
01-31-2006, 07:25 AM
We'll be riding in St George Feb 17th thru the 19th. All are welcome to join us at the trailhead(s).

These are some possible trails we will hit. Plans may change though:

Guacamole Trail (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1153)
Slickrock Swamp (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1425)
Little Creek Mountain
Green Valley Loop (Bear Claw Poppy) (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=663)

Date and time are not yet decided for these trails. This weekend is on the Calendar up top.

Lodging: It's filling up fast, as this is President's Day Weekend. There are very few rooms left available in St George, and you'll have better luck in Hurricane. This is also closer to most of the trails than St George.

The Travelodge in Hurricane still has some Double Bed rooms available for $85 a night. Here's the number-- 435-635-4647

Shuntavi
02-02-2006, 01:45 PM
Let me know when your coming down and I'll plan on showing you around the Guacamole.

Sombeech
02-02-2006, 02:43 PM
Let me know when your coming down and I'll plan on showing you around the Guacamole.

Cool! We'd love to have you show us around. We'll let you know what day we decide to ride it. Thanks man. :2thumbs:

accadacca
02-04-2006, 10:16 AM
We need to come up with an agenda.....

I would like to try some new stuff. But I would like to at least ride one trail that I KNOW rocks. :cool2:

I am really looking forward to a good seafood buffet too. :eat:

lonepeakgeek
02-04-2006, 03:04 PM
St. George biking makes me horny. I had a catostrophic deraileur failure deep into Gooseberry once and had to ride out with the deraileur in my pack and the chain shortened to one fixed gear...aah memories! My wife got me a brand new Kona for a combo Christmas & birthday gift. St. Joe would be the perfect place to pop that cherry- but alas. I'm saving all my time off for the Grand Canyon. Shed some blood for me!

Sombeech
02-04-2006, 06:41 PM
We need to come up with an agenda.....

I would like to try some new stuff. But I would like to at least ride one trail that I KNOW rocks. :cool2:

That's affirmative. I'm really looking forward to adding to our Trip Report Index (http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=651), but I also don't want to ride ONLY unfamiliar trails, risking a dissapointing weekend.

Thanks to Mtnbiker's TR on Slickrock Swamp, I'd like to give it a try. Also thanks to Shuntavi, Guacamole Trail looks interesting.

Little Creek Mountain is supposed to be all the rave right now, but that may be just because it's unofficially off limits.

We've only been on two of the trails on Gooseberry Mesa, and we could expand our portfolio of the Mesa as well.

Sombeech
02-10-2006, 08:57 PM
OK, how about this?

Friday - Guacamole Trail (or we could rearrange so Shuntavi could show us around)

Saturday - Slickrock Swamp

Sunday - Little Creek Mountain

Also, let's get a communication network going, so we can all plan on meeting at the trailhead. Everybody who would like to come down and meet up, please e-mail your Cell phone #s to me at jeepjustinjeep AT yahoo.com. I will send you mine in return.

It's very possible that we'll be changing plans quite often, knowing how indecisive I am. That's why I'll need your input. Let's hear your requests for trails, and date/times that you want to ride them.

Please reply to this post if you are going down. So far, we've got:
Sombeech
accadacca
KillEmAll
Chivato
MY T PIMP*
fourtycal
greyhair biker
& my uncle Mark*

*may not ride all trails with us.

sreed
02-11-2006, 09:49 PM
wish i could go sounds great. Maybe next time for me. Hope everyone breaks a leg, i mean kicks some ass, or maybe does it one more time for the old gibler!!!!!!

Sombeech
02-13-2006, 07:37 AM
I'm cancelling 2 rooms in Hurricane at the Travelodge this afternoon (Monday).

Let me know before then if anybody wants them.

ogdmfg
02-13-2006, 09:20 AM
hey guys, just to let you know, me and boomstik and our friend who owns gladiator cycles will be in virgin, filming and camping out.

:2thumbs:

Sombeech
02-13-2006, 09:47 AM
hey guys, just to let you know, me and boomstik and our friend who owns gladiator cycles will be in virgin, filming and camping out.

:2thumbs:

Cool! This same weekend? We'll have to meet up, and get some good footage. You should throw 'em up here after you've got the photos and/or video.

greyhair biker
02-13-2006, 11:31 AM
Cool! I wasn't sure if I was going to bring my RM9 down, but now I HAVE too :cool:

Sombeech
02-13-2006, 01:56 PM
OK, I've just cancelled two rooms in Hurricane.

There's a good chance that some rooms have openned up in St George due to some cancellations. If you do not have lodging, try St George first, then Hurricane. Hurricane is a convenient location though because it's closer to the trails.

accadacca
02-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Workin' for the weekend....... :cool2: :cheers: eclipsee_steering :ride:

ogdmfg
02-13-2006, 07:50 PM
SO WHAT IS THE CURRENT COUNT OF WHO IS GOING? :popcorn:

Sombeech
02-13-2006, 08:59 PM
SO WHAT IS THE CURRENT COUNT OF WHO IS GOING? :popcorn:

Looks like we'll be hitting the trail with atleast 8 of us, possibly up to 12. There's a couple of people who will be coming down, but they may only ride one of the trails with us.

BTW, I saw that you called me, Jeremy. Sorry I couldn't pick up. And I just remembered now that you called. I'll call you back tomorrow.

ogdmfg
02-14-2006, 04:49 AM
cool

fourtycal
02-15-2006, 04:09 PM
Is there a trail guide for guacamole? I found the rest but nothing for guacamole.

mtnbiker62
02-16-2006, 08:16 AM
I'm gonna keep driving a little farther and go to Bootleg Canyon. We're gonna watch the race and ride the trails down there...might be a few degrees warmer! :P

Shuntavi
02-17-2006, 09:17 AM
Meet at Chums in Hurricane at 7:00 AM leave at 7:30, we are riding Guacamole trail.

accadacca
02-19-2006, 06:56 PM
Ok......we just rolled back into town a few hours ago. Be prepared for some mondo TR's with pics and video to start hitting your computer screen.

We had a great time in the 50 degree temps. Almost turned around near Cedar City when we saw the white stuff flying. Special thanks to Shuvanti for taking us on the Guacamole trail. He and his wife and the others that we met are real nice people. If you get a chance, stop by his shop and give some luv. :2thumbs:

www.shuntavibikes.com

Sombeech
02-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Ok......we just rolled back into town a few hours ago. Be prepared for some mondo TR's with pics and video to start hitting your computer screen.

We had a great time in the 50 degree temps. Almost turned around near Cedar City when we saw the white stuff flying. Special thanks to Shuvanti for taking us on the Guacamole trail. He and his wife and the others that we met are real nice people. If you get a chance, stop by his shop and give some luv. :2thumbs:

www.shuntavibikes.com

Copy that, Mad Dog. We had a great time. Thanks Shuntavi, for showing us a great trail.

Look for new TR's in the index this week, and also helmet cam footage of all 4 trails we hit.

greyhair biker
02-20-2006, 11:16 AM
What an awesome trip!!! and a big thanks to shuntavi for the Guacamole Trail...rivals anything in Moab and it takes alot for me to say that! :nod: Met up with ogdmfg and his crew at the Red Bull Rampage site...insane stuff! but I had to try it out on some drops and jumps...you know, just needed to touch hallowed ground :hail2thechief: Can't wait for the footage to show up & I'll post what I picked up as well :five:

Sombeech
02-20-2006, 11:30 AM
Met up with ogdmfg and his crew at the Red Bull Rampage site...insane stuff! but I had to try it out on some drops and jumps...you know, just needed to touch hallowed ground :hail2thechief: Can't wait for the footage to show up & I'll post what I picked up as well :five:

Looking forward to your footage, man. We just weren't able to meet up with ogdmfg. We were pretty rushed on time.

greyhair biker
02-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Fourtycal took some video with his camera that hopefully will turn out...insane drops from a pro rider! :2thumbs:

LJ
02-21-2006, 09:47 AM
You guys are killing me. It looks like you had a ball - I'm loving the trip reports and pictures. When is the next one because I'm in (you need some female participation) at least for the seafood buffet! And the rides of course - I have a couple of other trails in mind that you all might like.

LJ

Sombeech
02-21-2006, 01:54 PM
You guys are killing me. It looks like you had a ball - I'm loving the trip reports and pictures. When is the next one because I'm in (you need some female participation) at least for the seafood buffet! And the rides of course - I have a couple of other trails in mind that you all might like.

LJ

We'll have to have another one soon, this time to either Moab or Fruita CO.
I've got my helmetcam footage up on the JEM trail now. Watch this week for the others.

greyhair biker
02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Fruita is a great idea!! I've already got the trail guides & maps of the area! Moab would do as well...just have to pick a date---so, LJ , where else are you thinking of going. I will ride ANYWHERE with a mixed group :haha:

accadacca
02-21-2006, 02:45 PM
Yeah, funny that us hoodlums went right through your neck of the woods and didn't even stop to say hi. :ne_nau: But we will be riding down that way again for sure.... :nod:

We rode Gooseberry on Friday night. Fourtycal took a pic of us at the point.

LJ
02-21-2006, 02:59 PM
Yeah, funny that us hoodlums went right through your neck of the woods and didn't even stop to say hi. :ne_nau: But we will be riding down that way again for sure.... :nod:

We rode Gooseberry on Friday night. Fourtycal took a pic of us at the point.

I was actually out of town last weekend or you never would have gotten rid of me! Not sure I could keep up with you young pups but I know a few shortcuts!

greyhair biker
02-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Here are a few pics of us 'hoodlums' LJ - :nod:

greyhair biker
02-21-2006, 03:09 PM
oops, I guess my pic didn't load - Fourtycal's got some of me somewhere. :roll: