PDA

View Full Version : Just joined the site

madjohnbo
01-30-2006, 04:14 PM
This site seems to be an awesome resource for all of us Utahns who love to do things outdoors, but need to know what, where, and how.

I'm 22 and a student at BYU. I am a true Utahn, and have done many activities in all parts of the state. My interests are mainly in peak bagging, backpacking, and rock climbing. For me, knowing that I reached the top of a large mountain that most people have never climbed, is a good way to feel good (about myself).

I've climbed the top 5 peaks in the Wasatch (if you don't count North Timpanogos), and I plan to climb all the peaks in my lifetime. I've also been introduced to canyoneering this past summer, visiting Pine Creek Canyon (very cold, but absolutely beautiful) and Spry Canyon. I'm also extremely excited to gain more experience in winter ascents. My interest in this began last year when my brother and I climbed Nebo.

I love to ski, but it's expensive and I'm not that loaded.

Sombeech
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I've also been introduced to canyoneering this past summer, visiting Pine Creek Canyon (very cold, but absolutely beautiful) and Spry Canyon.

This is definitely the place to be. Welcome to the site! Let us know if you have any questions. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
01-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Welcome :2thumbs:
http://uutah.com/forum/files/only_in_japan.jpg

hesse15
01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
Welcome :2thumbs:
[]
:frustrated: ice you are going to scary the newbie like that
let him know you before seing your usual canyon attire :cool2:

accadacca
01-31-2006, 08:08 AM