PDA

View Full Version : Fatality in a Utah coal mine.

BrainDamage
01-30-2006, 01:26 PM
http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=156687

My dad works at this mine as a face boss, This man was one of my dads friends. My dad had the same thing happen to him last year, and 1 week ago One of my friend had this happen to him, he had back and neck surgery last week. Keep this mans family in you thoughts and prayers. thanks.

Sombeech
01-30-2006, 07:40 PM
Wow, that really sucks.

hesse15
01-30-2006, 09:16 PM

My dad works at this mine as a face boss, This man was one of my dads friends. My dad had the same thing happen to him last year, and 1 week ago One of my friend had this happen to him, he had back and neck surgery last week. Keep this mans family in you thoughts and prayers. thanks.
i am sorry
but sounds like these accidents are becoming more frequent there is not a way to promote more security in that kind of job?

BrainDamage
01-30-2006, 11:54 PM

i am sorry
but sounds like these accidents are becoming more frequent there is not a way to promote more security in that kind of job?

This type of accident (roof falls, face blow out and rib(wall) falls) are common accordance's, It's just when they kill or hurt someone, they were just at the wrong place or at the wrong time. Last year there were 52 mine fatality's last year. 22 were in a coal mines, 35 were in metal/nonmetal mines. http://www.msha.gov/stats/daily/d2006bar.pdf

I am not trying to down play any of thees accidents, It horrible when thees things happen. This is a lot of accidents for January, too many. some of thees accidents, are just that. Others are for negligence's on part of the miner/operators of the mine. But just like any high risk jobs sometime accidents unavoidable.

Jehnavi
06-23-2010, 11:18 PM
But what

DOSS
06-24-2010, 06:53 AM
Waking up a 4 year old thread to ---> 34870 Lame

rockgremlin
06-24-2010, 08:07 AM
But what’s even more important is that cutting our carbon emissions makes sense whether or not you believe in global warming. Investing in clean energy and energy efficiency would save homes, businesses, and the nation millions of dollars on energy bills. We’d cut air pollution and reduce our dependence on foreign oil, while shoring up our national security by breaking ties with the anti-American nations that sell us that oil. And we’d spur job growth in the clean energy industry at a time when this country really needs economic rebirth. Alaska’s clean energy industry already has a 9.4% job growth rate, according to a study by the Pew Center. We could greatly use a source of income other than oil, as well as sources of energy that won’t cost us exorbitant amounts to ship them in from elsewhere. The clean energy economy can meet these needs, in Alaska and beyond.
Let’s forget the coal lobby/Beck-Limbaugh hype. This country needs massive investment into clean energy and nationwide infrastructure. Call Begich and Murkowski and tell them to support the Senate clean energy bill.

The fact is, whether or not global climate change is man made, burning coal is causing pollution. The rates of asthma are rising, our fish are full of mercury,…When there are so many alternative clean ways to provide the energy we need, it is time for humanity to move forward. We must begin to put people over profit and selfishness, caring about the world we leave behind for the children.
Who benefits from having us little people argue about this? Global warming is a wedge issue created by the corporations who rather than paying to clean up their messes and find better ways, instead are stalling and laughing, watching us argue about global climate change that has been happening since the beginning of time. Are we responsible? Who knows. But we are responsible for the state of the planet we leave behind.
:haha:

How about instead of bitching about dirty coal we ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! You've got a democrat in as president, what's your excuse? Why isn't he DOING anything about it?

Clean energy is just a load of crap that liberals like to bitch about, but when time comes to put their $$$ where their mouth is they shrivel up like an organic sun dried tomato.

Jaxx
06-24-2010, 09:27 AM
But what’s even more important is that cutting our carbon emissions makes sense whether or not you believe in global warming. Investing in clean energy and energy efficiency would save homes, businesses, and the nation millions of dollars on energy bills. We’d cut air pollution and reduce our dependence on foreign oil, while shoring up our national security by breaking ties with the anti-American nations that sell us that oil. And we’d spur job growth in the clean energy industry at a time when this country really needs economic rebirth. Alaska’s clean energy industry already has a 9.4% job growth rate, according to a study by the Pew Center. We could greatly use a source of income other than oil, as well as sources of energy that won’t cost us exorbitant amounts to ship them in from elsewhere. The clean energy economy can meet these needs, in Alaska and beyond.
Let’s forget the coal lobby/Beck-Limbaugh hype. This country needs massive investment into clean energy and nationwide infrastructure. Call Begich and Murkowski and tell them to support the Senate clean energy bill.

The fact is, whether or not global climate change is man made, burning coal is causing pollution. The rates of asthma are rising, our fish are full of mercury,…When there are so many alternative clean ways to provide the energy we need, it is time for humanity to move forward. We must begin to put people over profit and selfishness, caring about the world we leave behind for the children.
Who benefits from having us little people argue about this? Global warming is a wedge issue created by the corporations who rather than paying to clean up their messes and find better ways, instead are stalling and laughing, watching us argue about global climate change that has been happening since the beginning of time. Are we responsible? Who knows. But we are responsible for the state of the planet we leave behind.
:haha:

I don't think this really goes along with the topic of the thread. You kindof tried to tie it in but failed miserably. It is rude to bring this up on a thread about a person dying and throw out "what's even more important...". Do you honestly believe that carbon emissions are more important than a death?

Wait... Is this Sombeech playing a joke on us! There is no way this is real. Bahahahahahhahaha you got us!

Jaxx
06-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Alaska’s clean energy industry already has a 9.4% job growth rate, according to a study by the Pew Center.

I couldn't find any info on this. Care to provide some?

fouristhenewone
06-24-2010, 07:18 PM
wow. that was hard.

http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org/uploadedFiles/wwwpewcenteronthestatesorg/Fact_Sheets/Clean_Economy_Factsheet_Alaska.pdf

fouristhenewone
06-24-2010, 07:26 PM
How about instead of bitching about dirty coal we ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT?! You've got a democrat in as president, what's your excuse? Why isn't he DOING anything about it?

Clean energy is just a load of crap that liberals like to bitch about, but when time comes to put their $$$ where their mouth is they shrivel up like an organic sun dried tomato.

a few things -Jehnavi - two thumbs down to resurrecting a four year old thread. Jaxx - no selective googling - you surely have got better computer skills than that!

rock. I totally agree with your first sentence. we should do SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I just failed to see what you thought that something was doing, unless it was somehow tied to ranting about how stupid those liberal, democrat, sundriedtomato F@!#KERS are!

I guess it just made me realize that it makes me sad to leave in a world where more energy is spent everyday talking about what douchebags those liberals/cons/republicans/commie/lefty bastards are up to, than coming up with at least a couple of solutions to the few things we can at least agree need some changing.

trackrunner
06-24-2010, 08:04 PM
don't feed the troll

rockgremlin
06-25-2010, 11:09 AM
rock. I totally agree with your first sentence. we should do SOMETHING ABOUT IT! I just failed to see what you thought that something was doing, unless it was somehow tied to ranting about how stupid those liberal, democrat, sundriedtomato F@!#KERS are!

I guess it just made me realize that it makes me sad to leave in a world where more energy is spent everyday talking about what douchebags those liberals/cons/republicans/commie/lefty bastards are up to, than coming up with at least a couple of solutions to the few things we can at least agree need some changing.

NOT feeding the troll here - I'm pretty passionate about the topic.

What you're seeing here is my frustration at the LACK OF ACTION in the clean energy debate. Nobody is more disappointed and pissed off that nothing is being DONE about it than me. I think jehnavi has a valid point about the impact clean energy would have on not only the environment but the local economy, global economy and overall health of everyone on this planet. I am so gawdamn sick and tired of seeing us talk talk talk talk talk about and then do nothing about it. I cringe every time the subject is brought up by politicians, environmentalists, and lobbyists because I know its just more hot air...more smoke and mirrors. We LOOOOVE to talk big about clean energy but we abhor investing the requisite amount of time and money to see it through.

And now that congress has had a democrat majority with a democrat president we no longer have an excuse. Before we could always point our fingers at Bush and say "well no way in hell Bush and all of his oil loving buddies are gonna invest in clean energy." But all that is gone now...and look...still nothing has changed.

All of this talk isn't gonna get shit done. Barack just needs to take initiative on clean energy like he did with health care. Do something drastic....like all energy in the US needs to be 50% clean by 2016. If change doesn't start at the executive level it will take decades to happen.

....off soap box....