PDA

View Full Version : Gear head

Iceaxe
01-27-2006, 05:33 PM
OK, I'm a major car geek. Anyone ever checked out the interior of a Dodge Viper? If not let me tell you about a really cool item that is pointless unless you like cool. :cool2:

The Dodge Viper has a Start Engine Button. You still have to put the coded key into the ingnition but instead of turning the key you push a big red button. Just like on a race car.

Anyhoo..... ever since I first saw the button I have been daydreaming about how cool it would be to have one in my truck.

:hail2thechief: So today I did the dirty deed.

accadacca
01-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Thats cool!! Did you wire it and all? My prius has a power button. It also has keyless operation of the whole car. SWEET!!! I just have to be in the proximity of the car with the remote in my pocket. It senses that I have it and will let me use the power button, unlock doors, etc. It also senses your hand on the door handle and automatically unlocks the door. :cool2:

Good for my wife because she never know where her keys are. As long as they are with her somewhere she can unlock and start the car.

Power button on the dash...

http://toyota.com/images/vehicles/2006/prius/gallery/interior/photo_2.jpg

Iceaxe
01-27-2006, 08:34 PM
Thats cool!! Did you wire it and all?

Well certainly I wired it..... No posers here..... I only do first class workmanship my friend :hail2thechief:

I've been out pushing my button all day. The kids love it but the wife just shakes her head. I don't think she gets it :ne_nau:

I considered removing the key completely and putting in a toggle for the Assc power and the Start Engine button to crank her over. But that would be a little over kill.... as it is now its a cool conversation starter and the guys at the car wash freak out over it :naughty:

Start Engine buttons are cool..... Start Engine buttons that unleash 400 ponies are awesome :2thumbs: when you push the button you can feel all those ponies running up your arm...... feels sweeeeeetttttt....

BrainDamage
01-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Cool. :2thumbs: We did the almost the same thing to my friends Jeep a few years back. But we did not use a push button, we used a toggle switch. The only bad thing was the switch did not have a high enuff current rating, we 4x4ing and he truned the motor off and when he went to start it and the contacts on the switch fried and so did the wires(we did not use a large enuff gauge wire) to it. So we had to end using a screw driver across the coil to start it. The funny thing about this is we are both Electronic techs.

Iceaxe
01-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I used the button directly out of the Viper so hopefull I will avoid your problems.

Now I'm going back outside to push my button some more eclipsee_steering

And my wife sits on the sofa and rolls her eyes :roll:

accadacca
01-28-2006, 07:32 PM
And my wife sits on the sofa and rolls her eyes :roll:
:lol8: :lol8: :lol8:

Iceaxe
01-28-2006, 08:10 PM
You are really going to love this one..... about a half hour ago I caught my wife sneaking out to the garage and starting my truck using the button. :roflol:

Said she just had to try it cause it looked fun. :thumb:

I told her if she thought that looked fun then to get her pants off :getiton: .... now we are back to the famous eye roll :roll:

Sombeech
01-29-2006, 07:48 PM
about a half hour ago I caught my wife sneaking out to the garage and starting my truck using the button.

:toofunny: