PDA

View Full Version : ACA Wasatch Chapter Meeting- Canyoneering First Aid

hesse15
01-27-2006, 02:16 PM
the Meeting was great
thank you Jane Rick and Tom.
was nice to see old friends and spot some new faces (at least for me ) like Shaggy (but are you always so shy?)
and mountainbiker (that was very kind to introduce himself)

For who attended :I hope you really enjoyed.
Jane, that did the talk is a very skilled canyoneer (beside she says no) and is always wonderful to have her in a canyon .
For the ones were not there :your miss
I was really surprise to do not see Iceaxe. (you remember Dr. Jane from the party do you?)
by the way stay tuned because the chapter is planning a lot of fun things and the people more I know them and more I enjoy learning from them.

Iceaxe
01-27-2006, 02:33 PM
I was really surprise to do not see Iceaxe.

Hesse, I was thinking about going, but then you took your "hot canyoneering chicks" photo down and I was much to depressed to drive :bootyshake:

FOX
01-27-2006, 02:50 PM
The meeting was great! Going through the first aid basics again and have them specifically apply to canyoneering was awesome. I'm glad to see that the Wasatch Chapter is getting organized.

Mtnbiker
01-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Good meeting - and good to meet you Hesse.

It was a great reminder to just how much can happen to you in the backcountry and that you have to be prepared to deal with any of it while you're out there!

If you see me in a canyon you'll know it b/c I'll be hauling a suitcase around full of junk just to make sure I'm covered no matter what happens. need an amputation, I've got my dull butter knife! :haha:

marc olivares
01-27-2006, 04:37 PM
yeah good meeting, good information.

i think next time it would be nice if we did a group introduction before things got rolling. they way we would all be forced to "meet" new people by default.

i was there w/ my dad, i guess we were the only bearded mexicans in the group...LOL.

rock_ski_cowboy
01-27-2006, 05:05 PM
Since I'm an hour away, I need to be able to plan ahead a week or two... clear my night for these meetings. I'd really like to go so I can get some skills . Can someone point me toward a calender, or is it just on the same night each month?

Ben

marc olivares
01-27-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/calendar.php

from the information i got from Tom after the meeting, it looks like all subsequent meetings will be posted on the ACA calender from here on out.
meetings will all be towards the end of the month, near the 23-26 on a thursday.
and based on what he said, it looks like the meetings will alternate between presentations and skills workshops.
next meeting will be a skills checklist for the northwash group trip on march 3-5 (on Feb 23)

shaggy125
01-27-2006, 06:37 PM
I posted them on the uutah calendar a week or two ago. The meeting for Feb and the March North Wash trip are on there. Jan and Feb, the meetings have been the 4th Thursday of the month, maybe that will be when each meeting is in the future, but I'm not sure.

Eric.

P.S. When did I meet you Hesse? Was that you in the parking lot asking if I had seen Jane? Sorry I kind of blew you off, I was grabbing a map out of my car and had to get back inside so Nat could mark it up for a trip down around Navajo Mountain before REI closed and they kicked us out (they ended up kicking us out, but luckily we had just finished). I wanted to walk around and introduce myself to more people, but after talking to Tom T. and Nat for a few minutes, pretty much everyone was gone.

accadacca
01-27-2006, 06:55 PM
i was there w/ my dad, i guess we were the only bearded mexicans in the group...LOL.
:lol8:

http://www.riff-o-matic.com/riff-a-day/im_bad_im_nationwide/zz%2Btop_037.jpg

The little ole band from tejas would be proud. They play mexican.....and damn gooooood! :haha:

hesse15
01-27-2006, 07:38 PM
http://www.canyoneering.net/forums/calendar.php

from the information i got from Tom after the meeting, it looks like all subsequent meetings will be posted on the ACA calender from here on out.
meetings will all be towards the end of the month, near the 23-26 on a thursday.
and based on what he said, it looks like the meetings will alternate between presentations and skills workshops.
next meeting will be a skills checklist for the northwash group trip on march 3-5 (on Feb 23)
i noticed two people that can look like father and son
but the son look like 18 and the father 40 and pretty skinny meanwhile you said you look like the avatar(pretty rounded and short)
must be you
:five:
sorry i missed you
last summer some of the workshops meeting include barbecues and partying so is much easier to socialize
by the way i think what Jane saw about rattle snake is pretty true.
I think guys get so irresitible attracted to play with the little rattler
:nono:

hesse15
01-27-2006, 07:45 PM
I posted them on the uutah calendar a week or two ago. The meeting for Feb and the March North Wash trip are on there. Jan and Feb, the meetings have been the 4th Thursday of the month, maybe that will be when each meeting is in the future, but I'm not sure.

Eric.

P.S. When did I meet you Hesse? Was that you in the parking lot asking if I had seen Jane? Sorry I kind of blew you off, I was grabbing a map out of my car and had to get back inside so Nat could mark it up for a trip down around Navajo Mountain before REI closed and they kicked us out (they ended up kicking us out, but luckily we had just finished). I wanted to walk around and introduce myself to more people, but after talking to Tom T. and Nat for a few minutes, pretty much everyone was gone.
yeah you look kind of scary when I scream at you asking about Jane
I can be a little strange if you do not know me but I am no danger do not worry :cool2:
sorry I am use to canyoneers like rob, tom, rick, jane, rich and shane,and i was thinking all the canyoneer was like that (aka very social party goers)

:2thumbs:

hesse15
01-27-2006, 07:49 PM
I was really surprise to do not see Iceaxe.

Hesse, I was thinking about going, but then you took your "hot canyoneering chicks" photo down and I was much to depressed to drive :bootyshake:

gnagna not true
and you miss the occasion to see me in person again :nono:

hesse15
01-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Since I'm an hour away, I need to be able to plan ahead a week or two... clear my night for these meetings. I'd really like to go so I can get some skills . Can someone point me toward a calender, or is it just on the same night each month?

Ben
if you are at byu
you can hook up for drive with scott, rick`s son.
he is a byu is a great canyoneer and he is a very nice guy and did not come because his friend to with was driving change idea last minute.

marc olivares
01-27-2006, 09:16 PM
i noticed two people that can look like father and son
but the son look like 18 and the father 40 and pretty skinny meanwhile you said you look like the avatar(pretty rounded and short)
must be you

ok so maybe i dont look exactly like my avatar...LOL
yeah that was probably us.
18 and 40...Hmmm, My dad's gonna love that.
(maybe more like 35 and 55)

thanks for the compliment :2thumbs: