PDA

View Full Version : What's my size?

Sombeech
01-26-2006, 01:17 PM
I've been out of the game for a few years because of my knee. I've got a good brace now, and I'm ready to hit it again.

I weigh around 220 lbs, and I'm 6'2". Almost 30 years old, and I enjoy long walks on the beach.

Anyways, my skill level is intermediate, possibly advanced. I've got no problems going down the double diamond stuff, I just hate those moguls that always seem to be there.

I was hoping somebody could tell me the size of board to look for. My stance is goofy foot, and I wear size 12 boots.

Also, where's a good place to shop besides ebay?

icthys
01-26-2006, 02:01 PM
I'm 5"9", 210, 29 years old, love to watch romantic movies, and ride a 159

I'd say you need a 162, depends on riding style also. With a 12 boot go get a Fat Bob!

Sombeech
01-26-2006, 02:06 PM
About how much $$$ am I looking at?

icthys
01-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I spent about $350 for a Burton board, misson bindings, and nice boots. You could spend $1000 or more if you want. Check out ksl or craigs list for classified stuff. You missed all the pre-season sales and swaps, you can get some great deals there.

shaggy125
01-26-2006, 02:18 PM
The best snowboard shop I've found is Milo's on 33rd, not too far west of REI. When I bought boots, the dude spent 45 minutes with me explaining what different boots are designed for and then trying on one boot on one foot, another boot on the other. Walk around and decide which is more comfortable. Leave the more comfy one on and try another on the other foot, repeat. By the end you should end up with the most comfortable boot for your foot in the store in your price range. The workers know their stuff, they've always been friendly (I used to go to Salty Peaks, but I just got turned off by their cocky, lazy sales people. At least the ones I dealt with) and are really helpful getting you into something you'll actually be happy with. As far as $$$, probably anywhere from $150 - $600, just for the board.