PDA

View Full Version : Zion NP Permit System Changes

bruce from bryce
01-26-2006, 06:38 AM
:nod:

I stopped by Zion last Monday to update my permit and learned of some changes to the system. This information was provided to me by the backcountry supervisor.

"We're trying to encourage greater use of the on-line permit system this year, so we made a couple of changes. Visitors now only need to sign up every three years for the express system. membership for visitors who signed up in 2005 will last through December 2007. Visitors who sign up in 2006 will not have to sign up again until January of 2009.
The other change is that we added a number of additional canyons to the system including Heaps, Imlay, and Englestead.
The changes have been made to the permit system; however, the websites have not yet been updated."

So if you are talking with people about the system remind them to go directly to the permit section for the latest info.

bruce from bryce

jumar
01-26-2006, 07:12 AM
That's good news :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
01-26-2006, 07:24 AM
Thanks Bruce, That's kind of a bad news good news deal :haha:

The bad news is the permit systems has survived. :wallbash:

The good news is the NPS has been listening and made a couple of nice improvements.

Just for the record here are the canyons you can now pick up an on-line permit for and the number of on-line permits available for each.

Behunin Canyon (6)
Echo Canyon (6)
Englestead Canyon (6)
Heaps Canyon (6)
Imlay Canyon (6)
Keyhole Canyon (12)
Left Fork North Creek (SUBWAY) (12)
Mystery Canyon (6)
Orderville Canyon (12)
Pine Creek Canyon (12)
Spry Canyon (6)
Virgin Narrows Dayuse Trail (12)
Wylie Canyon (6)

:popcorn:

Iceaxe
01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
And if anyone is wondering what/where "Wylie Canyon" is you probably know it as "Employee" or "Behind the Lodge".

bruce from bryce
01-26-2006, 10:54 AM
There you go again Shane, throwing in another name for LODGEEMPLOYEEWHATSIT"SNAME canyon!

Iceaxe
01-26-2006, 11:15 AM
There you go again Shane, throwing in another name for LODGEEMPLOYEEWHATSIT"SNAME canyon!

Not me.... I visited the Zion Backcountry Reservation System to verify what you were telling us and I noticed "Wylie Canyon". It took me a few minutes to figure out where Wylie is. Wylie is the last name I would have picked if given the option.

And for anyone else who wants to visit here is the address

Backcountry Reservation System
https://zionpermits.nps.gov/