PDA

View Full Version : DEEEETROIT SUPERBOWL!!

BTTAndy
01-24-2006, 08:33 AM
Hey all you taters out west! The city of Detroit is all geeked up for Super Bowl XL. We knew the Lions had no chance of being there. Thats why it is so special to have homeboy Jerome "The Bus" Bettis playing for Pittsburgh in his first Super Bowl appearance. Its also probably his last season. He is a graduate of Mackenzie High School. Let me her ya say "WESTSIDE".
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2006601240305

Please watch the game, the halftime show and any other hoopla surrounding the game. I am interested to hear out staters points of view on the coverage and the way things are portrayed for a national audience. Feel free to be as critical as you want. We have very thick skin in this area.

Also if anyone may be coming to town let me know.

LJ
01-25-2006, 05:05 PM
But why, BTTAndy, why can't the Lions ever get to the SuperBowl (mentally insert emoticon guy shaking fists at the Gods)?!

Oh that's right, I made that deal with the devil back in the mid-90's Lions for the Red Wings! That worked out well for the wings. Then a few years back I made another deal - Tigers for the Pistons (DEE-TROIT BAS-KET-BALL!). Also, worked out well unless you are a football or baseball fan. Sorry about that.

GO WINGS!

LJ

troutfisher
01-31-2006, 06:05 PM
It's cool that The Bus gets to play in his home town. Now let's hope that they win the Superbowl. What do you think they will say when asked "What are you going to do next?" Any ideas?

icthys
02-01-2006, 07:39 AM
It's cool that The Bus gets to play in his home town. Now let's hope that they win the Superbowl. What do you think they will say when asked "What are you going to do next?" Any ideas?

"Well, start the city on fire of course!"

I'm excited for the game. I'm a underdog fan and the Steelers have been the underdog through the entire playoffs. I'm betting on history being made, a fifth seated team winning the Super Bowl.

I also want to see monkey commercials.

BTTAndy
02-08-2006, 01:20 PM
The "Lovefest" is over and the city of Detroit is trying to gather all the info and see if we can make it happen again in the next six or so years. I think the freezing weather kept some of the locals home (myself included). The temps during the week prior were in the 40s. The Steeler fans had no problem with it though. No matter what, they will be talking about it for a while. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

My favorite part was when Jimmy Kimmel said he had a hard time finding a hotel room so he had to stay in Aretha Franklins bra.
:roflol: :roflol:

Do you guys have Jimmy kimmel out there?

accadacca
02-08-2006, 01:28 PM
Do you guys have Jimmy kimmel out there?
Of course......we are THAT censored out here. :lol8:

BTTAndy
02-09-2006, 04:32 PM
Hey, I thought you guys in East Jordan rolled up the side walks at 6pm.
Back in the day they used to block out everything like Saturday night live and others. my how things have changed. :2thumbs: