PDA

View Full Version : Personal Trainer

Superriffic S*
01-23-2006, 01:30 PM
...?

Iceaxe
01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
What kind of training do you go through to prepare yourself for summer fun i.e. hanging out by the pool (thats mostly what I do), hiking, biking, canyoneering, etc...?

I usually lie on the couch, drink beer and watch football. :2thumbs:

Shan
01-23-2006, 03:50 PM
In the winter I stay in shape by backcountry skiing and resort skiing mainly on weekends. In the spring/summer/fall I stay in shape by mountain biking, after work and on weekends. I have never belonged to a gym, I mostly do weights at home in the in-between seasons (when fall goes to winter, and winter goes to spring). I think one sport helps out with the other sport - I have to bike to get ready for skiing, and ski to get ready for biking! I should really be more consistant with my strength training though to keep up bone mass.

Way to go on your weight loss success!

accadacca
01-23-2006, 05:25 PM
I am trying to get an early start this year. I have been running on my treadmill every morning (6AM) for 3 weeks now. Then I meet 2-3 nights or mornings and play b-ball. I have really enjoyed the b-ball, but the lonely cold morning in the basement SUCK!!

Then I switched to the lean cuisine diet for lunches. It has been making a big difference and I feel great! :nod:

Iceaxe
01-23-2006, 05:40 PM
Gosh.... you guys are making me feel guilty about my exercise program.....

.....guess its time for anther beer :lol8:

shaggy125
01-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Summer I try to head to the mountains after work and either run or hike quick up a steep trail (the waterfall in Bells Canyon or Broads Fork are good short steep trails) sometimes with a 15-20 lb. pack to stay in shape. Do it once or twice a week. Winter it's usually just 20 min on the treadmill 3 times a week. Doesn't take much time or effort but makes a huge difference.

Eric.

James_B_Wads2000
01-24-2006, 07:43 AM
I have been seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week for the last month and a half and have lost about 15 pounds.

Did you hire your personal trainer through a local gym? If so what gym? If not where? How much does that cost? If you don't mind me asking

James

Sombeech
01-24-2006, 07:48 AM
racquetball every morning. :cool2:

DirkHammergate
01-24-2006, 08:03 AM
Gosh.... you guys are making me feel guilty about my exercise program.....

.....guess its time for anther beer :lol8:

Hysterical! LOL!

On a totally hysterical side note, I lift weights before beach vacations...

Superriffic S*
01-24-2006, 09:41 AM

hesse15
01-24-2006, 10:28 AM
I have been seeing a personal trainer 3 times a week for the last month and a half and have lost about 15 pounds. I am getting primed and pumped for this canyoneering season! What kind of training do you go through to prepare yourself for summer fun i.e. hanging out by the pool (thats mostly what I do), hiking, biking, canyoneering, etc...?
since i moved in usa i got 12 extra pounds and doing exercise just built muscles and does not make me to loose any weight damm it
which exercises you do to loose weight?

DirkHammergate
01-24-2006, 10:46 AM
since i moved in usa i got 12 extra pounds and doing exercise just built muscles and does not make me to loose any weight damm it

My wifey runs like crazy, its the only way she lost her two baby's weight... She's now at her running like crazy prepregnancy weight before we had our 6 year old.

hesse15
01-24-2006, 01:36 PM

My wifey runs like crazy, its the only way she lost her two baby's weight... She's now at her running like crazy prepregnancy weight before we had our 6 year old. i have to try
i am not a big fun of running but ia mkind off desperate
since i am back (1 week) i did not have any glass of beer yet,worry about the calories!!! :slobber:

Udink
01-24-2006, 01:53 PM
Why worry so much about weight? I think most people should be concerned with shape and proportion, and also cardiovascular fitness, rather than weight.

hesse15
01-24-2006, 02:25 PM
Why worry so much about weight? I think most people should be concerned with shape and proportion, and also cardiovascular fitness, rather than weight.
i am italian
we are fashion look addicted
:naughty:

James_B_Wads2000
01-24-2006, 02:44 PM
The trainers are scaled in price depending on how many times you go per week. Ranging from $50 a session to $25 a session.

So you spend over $75 bucks a week just on a trainer. That's like $300 bucks a month! My car payment is only $280/month with insurance. Looks like I found yet another reason to stay fat forever.

James

Superriffic S*
01-24-2006, 03:05 PM

DirkHammergate
01-24-2006, 03:19 PM

I'm constantly telling this to my wife, she's trying to hit some sort of number. she looks really, really proportioned with no real extra flab, for crissakes she fit in her size 6 7's on Sunday.... anything smaller on her looks unhealthy.

James_B_Wads2000
01-24-2006, 04:22 PM
I have been trying to get in shape to make a calendar for my husband for about a year now and could never truly find the motivation to do it. Now, I have found it. ... so I am taking the extra cash that I am making from this and putting it to good use; i.e. a personal trainer for S*!

That's cool, more power to ya! I am sure your husband will enjoy the pictures no matter how much weight you lose. Even though that is a lot of $, I am just using that as an excuse to not start exercising. If I ran the numbers I am sure I spend close to that a week on eating out at non-healthy restaurants.

I need to get my bike out of the garage.

James

greyhair biker
01-24-2006, 10:35 PM
No matter what I do I only move 10# up or down the scale, probably because I work in a mine... I average 5 to 8 miles a day hiking with hardhat & utility belt(30#)& safety boots....in the dark. In the winter I hit the Rec center & ride stationary 20+ minutes, then weights for an hour or so then back on the elliptical runner or stairmaster...3 or 4 days a week. Then when someone wants to go to St George or Moab to ride in the spring I start to train a bit more often. It's not as impressive as it sounds - I spend just as much time in the sauna or steam room as I do working out....got to keep up with the young bucks I guess :roll:

greyhair biker
01-24-2006, 10:36 PM
I did actually go ride today...had to work the bugs out of my downhiller :nod:

david staub
01-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I run my dog four miles every morning. At night I go to the gym. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I run on the treadmill working on speed. Tuesday night is my spinning class. Fridays I ride my bike to work 17.7 miles one way climbing the point of the mountain. Saturdays I snowshoe with my dog about ten miles.

I am hoping that will all help me be in shape for the Havasupai this summer.

Don't worry about weight. You know that muscle weighs more than fat. So just worry about how you look and feel in your clothing.

Superriffic S*
01-26-2006, 02:24 PM

LJ
01-26-2006, 03:16 PM
I run my dog four miles every morning. At night I go to the gym. Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday I run on the treadmill working on speed. Tuesday night is my spinning class. Fridays I ride my bike to work 17.7 miles one way climbing the point of the mountain. Saturdays I snowshoe with my dog about ten miles.

I am hoping that will all help me be in shape for the Havasupai this summer.

Don't worry about weight. You know that muscle weighs more than fat. So just worry about how you look and feel in your clothing.

WOW - David you are my new hero! :2thumbs:

david staub
01-26-2006, 03:21 PM
nothing heroic, I just have no social life.

LJ
01-26-2006, 04:37 PM
nothing heroic, I just have no social life.

Yeah - me either. I'm just not that good at cross training like that plus no gym anywhere close.

I bet the dog helps get you out though. Labs are great. I was better back when my dog was little but she can only go a couple of miles before she's pretty winded. Sad to see. Now she watches me on the treadmill and that's our quality time together!

greyhair biker
01-26-2006, 07:35 PM
I can hardly wait til its a bit warmer up here! :frustrated: I ride nearly every day spring, summer & fall - the hotter the better! Love to work out in the heat then the ole' bones can take more abuse! I just wish there were more riders here...I tend to ride by myself alot so ....just had a wierd thought....anyone ever ride au naturel before? JUST A QUERY....it just reminded me of riding up to the springs past diamond fork campground to three forks area... :bootyshake:

greyhair biker
01-26-2006, 07:52 PM
...the only problem is it's not really a 'bikini' area but you have to be a bit of a free spirit I guess....shiny happy people

david staub
01-27-2006, 06:02 AM
what I love about my lab is that she is very "scheduled". Her head is on my bed every morning at 5:00 just waiting for me to wake up. She also had our route memorized. So I don't have to fight her to make turns.

I thought Springdale was one gigantic gym.

By the way, made it to work this morning in just under 90 minutes.

greyhair biker
01-27-2006, 07:43 AM
I wish I could ride my bike to work - at least when it's warmer- and still have strengh to work my 12 hr shift. It's 27 miles from my house to the mine site, not a bad ride really, but I'd have to leave the house at 3:30AM just to get to work on time. I'll try to take my bike to work with me & then ride home sometimes though. Takes about 1 1/2 hrs

david staub
01-27-2006, 07:48 AM
I would be embarrassed at doing this ride in 90 minutes except that I have to climb the point of the mountain at the end of the trip. That takes a little more time and a whole lot out of me. If you can do your 20 plus miles in that time, you are my hero!

greyhair biker
01-27-2006, 07:57 AM
I ride my mountain bike everywhere...in fact, I don't even touch my road bike anymore - just change out the tires with my 'rock tires' for Moab and hit the road for long trips. I guess I love to ride off road too much or something 'cause I'll be riding along and see a cutoff or trail & say"I wonder where that goes" & take off. I have to judge my riding by time I have to ride, not mileage anymore...mileage means just about nothing to me now...ask Fourtycal, he's my riding partner when I get down there. :five: