PDA

View Full Version : IPOD Shizzzz

accadacca
01-21-2006, 04:11 PM
We got my bro an Ipod for Christmas. Then I loaded it up with my iTunes library and sent it off to Iraq. I had heard about something like this but never tried to get music from another computer. :roll:

So you know how on the IPOD you can only put music on it from one computer or it will erase all the songs on it? I think its just apples way of covering their ass but whatever. Do you know a way to get around it? I'd like to put my cds on this thing but I don't wanna lose all the music you put on there. Is there a crack or something on the net that will let you get past it? I can't really look with my limited computer time. Do you know of a way around it?

Superriffic S*
01-21-2006, 04:40 PM

DaveOU812
01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
That wont work cause I would have to put the music on to acadacas computer and I can't do that till I get home. I want to put my cds onto it without erasing everything else on it.

crazy horse
01-22-2006, 11:30 AM
All that you need to do is set the ipod to manual update in your ipod preferences. Then you can simply choose what songs you want (just drag and drop them) and place those on the ipod without deleting the songs that are already on there. If you do want to get songs off the ipod and onto another computer, there is this program called ipod rip that is available online (maybe illegal, but whatever) that will let you transfer songs from ipod to computer.(Sorry if this is confusing at all, let me know if you would like some more explanation)

DaveOU812
01-23-2006, 08:00 AM
I'll have to try it tonight and see what happens. Thanks :2thumbs:

DaveOU812
01-23-2006, 09:16 AM
I tried it but I dont really think I understand what you mean. I set it to manual update and tried to click and drag it, in ITunes. Is that what you ment? It didnt work. Am I doing something wrong?

crazy horse
01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Hmmm...yeah that is what i meant, i mean you did have the ipod attached to the computer and you could see the list on the left side of the screen for the ipod, right? If you have that working, you should be able to just select the songs you want and drag them to the ipod folder. Sorry if that doesn't work, thats really all i can help with.

DaveOU812
01-24-2006, 08:10 AM
Yea. I tried to drag the song from the computer to "Daves Ipod" and it wouldn't do it for me. Oh well. Thanks anyway.

DaveOU812
01-26-2006, 08:39 AM
I got it to work. I don't know why it wasn't before. Thanks.

accadacca
01-26-2006, 06:19 PM
I got it to work. I don't know why it wasn't before. Thanks.
Good to hear Dave. :2thumbs: How much ya got on that thing now?

DaveOU812
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm up to about 1600 but I haven't got all my cds on there yet. It's kind of a slow process but Ive got nothing but time.

James_B_Wads2000
02-07-2006, 09:53 AM
All that you need to do is set the ipod to manual update in your ipod preferences. Then you can simply choose what songs you want (just drag and drop them) and place those on the ipod without deleting the songs that are already on there. If you do want to get songs off the ipod and onto another computer, there is this program called ipod rip that is available online (maybe illegal, but whatever) that will let you transfer songs from ipod to computer.(Sorry if this is confusing at all, let me know if you would like some more explanation)

Is it really illegal to transfer songs from your ipod to another computer (like to your work computer)? When I was in California I was trying to get songs off my wife