PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Trip Suggestions

shaggy125
01-18-2006, 09:30 PM
I had a chick at school approach me about backpacking ideas over spring break. For us it's March 13th - 17th. It's going to be her and her husband and they have the whole week to do whatever. It can be a one week trip, or two 3 day trips. Anyone have suggestions? Remember it's March, so options like North Zion, Death Hollow (they don't have wetsuits) Dark Canyon, etc... might not be ideal. Places I've thought of are. Needles district, mix and match trails to create a trip. Grand Gulch area hunting for ruins. Egypt 3 (the non-tech section) one day, then next day Fence to main Choprock, to Golden Cathedral, to Ringtail, to Baker dryfall, then out 25-mile. Lots of Escalante options, except the river might be high and they might not be too excited about the required crossings. Any other suggestions you all can think of? Thanks all.

Eric.

Sombeech
01-18-2006, 09:39 PM
One of the most popular Spring Break backpacking destinations is Havasupai.
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961

That's the problem though, is the crowds. Great place though, I'm going again this spring, but I will definitely be avoiding spring break.

Sounds like your original plan would be pretty cool though.

lonepeakgeek
01-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Moab- can't loose. Go out on the sand flats road and drop into the top of Negro Bill canyon and walk back to the river. Hike morning glory arch. take your bike, take your climbing rack- have this chick bring her rack too. :)

Iceaxe
01-27-2006, 05:03 PM
Paria Canyon - White House to Lee's Ferry. If its warm at all I would do Wire Pass to Lee's Ferry. :five:

Also lots of good stuff in Cedar Mesa like Grand Gulch. :2thumbs: