PDA

View Full Version : Shooting day

DickHead
01-18-2006, 03:32 PM
Planning on going out to the area known as 'little moab' SW of Utah lake to do some shooting on the 28th. More details to follow soon.

donny h
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Planning on going out to the area known as 'little moab' SW of Utah lake

Where is little Moab?

Is that the area by Lincoln Beach? West Mountain?

I might be interested in going out and burning some ammo on the 28th, please do follow up with those details.

DickHead
01-20-2006, 02:56 PM
I'm not real familiar with the areas you tossed out. Its about milemarker 8 and then west into the hills. SW end of the lake basically, and then a couple miles back into the hills.

fourtycal
01-24-2006, 10:19 AM
I may be out there too. this last weekend I pulled the "pile of junk" three speed out of my bronco and replaced it with an automatic, rebuilt the t-case and put in a twin stick setup. I want to go try it out on some rocks. At the same time I would like to air out some guns.
Are you bringing the new muzzle loader?
Let me know what time your planning.

DickHead
01-26-2006, 02:39 PM
Okay the forcast looks good enough. Barring any large accumulations of snow, here's the plan.
Meet at the 'crossroads' area. Here is a mapquest link
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?searchtype=address&country=US&addtohistory=&searchtab=home&formtype=address&popflag=0&latitude=&longitude=&name=&phone=&cat=&address=&city=lehi&state=ut&zipcode=
At 10am on Saturday. That's the intersection of Highway 73 and Highway 68. Park on the SW side of the intersection, I'll be driving a silver Suzuki XL7.
Or meet at my house @0900 dept nlt 0915. Email me directly for my address.
The shooting area is South west of Utah Lake a good ways. 4x4 or awd highly recommended as the road is dirt and will likely have some snow. If you're running behind, go south on 68 to MM8. On the right, there will be a dirt road that follows some power lines between some private farms. Go over the cattle gaurd and look off to the right for my vehicle, not sure exactly where we'll park. I should have some wood to get a fire going.
Please RSVP so I know who to look for.

DickHead
01-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Tomorrow now has a big question mark on it...looks like the WX forcast may have been missed, as its snowing quite heavily. I'll post in the AM if it gets cancelled so check this post before going tomorrow.

fourtycal
01-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Count me in. I'll be at the crossroads at 10:00.

DickHead
01-28-2006, 04:55 AM
My son woke up at 0500ish this morning wheezing so I'm making a trip to the Dr's office instead of the range. sorry bro.

fourtycal
01-28-2006, 07:54 PM
no problem, I hope all is well with the youngster. It was cold :cold: We didnt shoot as much as I would have liked but the kids feet and hands were cold. we did get in some good wheeling though. We'll do it again soon.

DickHead
01-29-2006, 05:47 AM
Thanks. He's got mild bronchitis, but has been doing okay with medication. Up again today @ 0530.....
:wallbash: