PDA

View Full Version : I need to find a orthopedic surgeon

BrainDamage
01-17-2006, 11:47 PM
Just need to find a good orthopedic surgeon in the Salt lake city area. so does any one know of a good one? I dislocated my left knee last Thursday when I slipped in the SLCC parking lot going to class, I thought I would wait a few days to see if it started to get better on it's own, but here it is Tuesday night and it still killing me, and it is cracking and popping really bad now every time I bend it. So, let me know if any one knows a good one.

shaggy125
01-18-2006, 06:05 AM
I work at Alta View Hospital and work with a few. The nurses here know who the best ones are, I'll ask them and get back to you.

TreeHugger
01-18-2006, 06:07 AM
My husband's a doc (but not a surgeon) at the Ortho Center at the U. I'm sure I could get a good recommendation for you - there are a few there that he speaks very highly of. I'll get back to you.

Sombeech
01-18-2006, 06:46 AM
Jeffrey Harrison in Ogden. He worked on the US Olympic Ski Team.

Good guy.

Shan
01-18-2006, 07:49 AM
ouch that sounds painful!

Glockguy
01-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Go to TOSH ( The Orthopedic Specialy Hospital)

They are really good at taking care of athletes. I had a knee donce there 10 years ago (PLC, MCL) I was very impressed with how they do things there and they got me going with sports again. My knee is 99% of what it used to be. I had Dr. Beck perform the surgery.

marc olivares
01-18-2006, 11:26 AM
i went to TOSH as well
Lonnie Polous did my knee, not sure he's there anymore.
that facility is really nice, or it was when i had mine done

BrainDamage
01-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Where is TOSH Located? and do you know what insurance the tack?

marc olivares
01-18-2006, 01:04 PM
http://intermountainhealthcare.org/xp/public/tosh/

i got the blueplate surgery special:
ACL
MCL
PCL
LCL
and 60% of miniscus removed....
:2thumbs:

BrainDamage
01-18-2006, 01:22 PM
If I am not mistaken IHC does not take Bluecross Bluesheild? and if that is the case I need to find on that does.

This would be my 2nd knee surgery My first one was on my right knee, It was scoped and some of the tendons that position the knee cap in the center had to be removed, I had torn the rest of them. now I have 2 bad knees

david staub
01-18-2006, 02:28 PM
I just spoke with my daughter who works in medical records for LDS Hospital. She sees all of the records of the orthopedic surgeons and tracks the number of incidents. Two doctors that she recommends are Dr. Hugh West and Dr. James Morgan. Their rate of incidents is extremely low and she said that they are really good and easy to work with.

She suggests that you call their offices to set an appointment. They may have privileges at other facilities besides IHC. And in many cases, knee problems can be handled in their offices.

Good luck!

david staub
01-18-2006, 02:33 PM
okay. just spoke with my wife who is the corporate director of health information services (medical records) for IHC. She said that in most cases IHC does accept BlueCross/BlueShield. The problem is more that non -IHC hospitals do not accept IHC insurance. So the facility shouldn't be a problem. Since she is at a corporate level, she no longer has a lot of contact with physicians and wasn't comfortable recommending one. So, go with my daughter's suggestion above.