PDA

View Full Version : Whistler/Blackcomb

TreeHugger
01-16-2006, 06:24 PM
Have you been to Whistler/Blackcomb?? Wow! What a great place! We just got back from there and it was amazing. I have never seen soooo much terrain, it's endless, you could go there for 2 weeks and never ski the same route. The village is totally cool - it's a walking village with a ton of cool shops, restaurants, bars and pubs, and thousands of like minded, ski/snowboard addicts. Way excellent. We had perfect snow - about 2 feet of fresh powder the night we got there and it kept snowing for the next two days. You can always find untracked powder because it's soooo big. (did I mention how much terrain there is??) The only downfall, from what I'm told is the snow can get iffy depending on the time of year and weather, but we had it perfect. If you ever get a chance to go, this is a definate must on any skiers vacation options.

accadacca
01-16-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow! Good times!! What took you that far north to ski?

shaggy125
01-16-2006, 08:20 PM
Awesome pics. Every winter my friends and I talk about heading up that way, but it still hasn't happened. Closest we've come is Mt. Hood. Someday.

Eric.

TreeHugger
01-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Actually, a friend of my husbands got married there, so that was the push - how nice of her to get married in such an awesome place!! :-)

Yeah, it's pretty stellar up there. I'd love to go in the summer, too, to mountain bike. The village is sweet - lots to do, and if you're a party-er, there's tons of party opportunities, too!

fun fun fun!!

:-)

Mtnbiker
01-17-2006, 10:50 AM
Awesome pics K, looks like some great pow!

man that place has it hooked up.. world renowned downhilling in the summer and the same in the winter :2thumbs:

Road trip!

greyhair biker
01-24-2006, 11:32 PM
This is a big goal for me for downhilling! I got to talk to the Whistler people at their Interbike booth and got a DVD - biking of course - THE ideal biking trip :2thumbs: