PDA

View Full Version : one of the funnest weekends ever

goofball
01-16-2006, 11:28 AM
did nfrr on saturday. perfect weather ! sunny and warm in the sun, cool in the shade. what an excellent canyon, very pretty. kelseys "low angle slide" after r2 was not really low angle, but it was fun ! nice soft ground below, but a little hard on the arse. and the crack route out was as cool as the rap thru. definitely a work out though. the final climb out definitely requires 3 or more people. we did it w/ 2 but it was a bitch.

sunday was foolin around. wow ! lots of fun. we were anxious to begin, precipitation was falling to the south. but we had sun in short order. until we got to the swim then it snowed :frustrated: out of the water and intermittent sun again.

lots of fun !

Iceaxe
01-16-2006, 11:49 AM
That's a route I've never done but its high on the to-do list.

What condition are the Roost roads in? Snow? Mud?

Any pictures?

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
01-16-2006, 12:11 PM
did nfrr on saturday...and the crack route out was as cool as the rap thru...definitely a work out though...the final climb out definitely requires 3 or more people...we did it w/ 2 but it was a bitch.

I did nfrr last year...but I'm confused. Why do you say that it definitely requires 3 or more people? We took the crack route out as well, but it was a pretty easy walk-out. Kinda steep in spots, but overall pretty reasonable. Either you took a more difficult crack, or we took an easier one? :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
01-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Attached is a map of the two exit routes I know of. Which of these did you guys use, or did you use something different?

rockgremlin
01-16-2006, 02:49 PM
We did the "Best" crack exit. It was actually really easy.

goofball
01-16-2006, 03:11 PM
roads when we were there were in excellent shape. dry and well graded. that was saturday.

sorry ! no pictures. i thought about taking the 35mm, tripod and chromes, but decided against it. i will always have my memories :banana:

we took the harder route out then. we thought we were taking the crack but seeing the map now i know diferent. it had some really fun climbing, but the last wall was pretty damn hard. 3 or more people because of the HIGH penalty points if you slip on the climb, which is soft, crumbly, and no hand or footholds to speak of more than 2 or 3 feet above the ground. i had to lean in on the rock for friction to keep me there and then try to purchase a grip w/ feet and fingertip grips to get the last 5 feet out. :eek2: definitely harder than 5.8.

Iceaxe
01-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Anther group I know who used the "worst" route built a three man pyramid to climb over the hard part. I was told by that group it takes three team members minimum to climb that route.... so I guess if you did it with two you were stylin' :thumb:

goofball
01-16-2006, 03:30 PM
Anther group I know who used the "worst" route built a three man pyramid to climb over the hard part. I was told by that group it takes three team members minimum to climb that route.... so I guess if you did it with two you were stylin' :thumb:

i wouldn't say we were stylin' more like freakin'.