PDA

View Full Version : I could get in trouble for this one...

Sombeech
01-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Talking Rabbits!

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 09:23 PM
Dang.... tell me next time you go bunny hunting. Looks like you have the perfect spot. :2thumbs:

shlingdawg
01-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Awesome pic. That was indeed a very successful day. :2thumbs:

jumar
01-13-2006, 07:39 AM
:roflol:

savanna3313
01-13-2006, 09:26 AM
I always wonder why hunting is called a sport. I mean, if the animals had guns to shoot back, then may it could be called a sport? :rifle:

:nod:

I grew up all around fishermen and hunters. Most of the men in my family and their friends are all avid hunters, but they truly do use the meat from their kill. I don't necessarily like it, (I'd rather go to the grocery where the steaks just magically appear!) :haha: but just as long as the hunter actually uses the meat and doesn't just hunt for the sake of pure killing. jmo

Iceaxe
01-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Hey Sombeech.... send that in to PETA :roflol:

Post the response.

rockgremlin
01-14-2006, 05:58 PM
I always wonder why hunting is called a sport. I mean, if the animals had guns to shoot back, then may it could be called a sport? :rifle:

:nod:

I grew up all around fishermen and hunters. Most of the men in my family and their friends are all avid hunters, but they truly do use the meat from their kill. I don't necessarily like it, (I'd rather go to the grocery where the steaks just magically appear!) :haha: but just as long as the hunter actually uses the meat and doesn't just hunt for the sake of pure killing. jmo

I agree with you on this. However, there is a reason why the Forest Service or the Department of Fish and Game doesn't regulate the hunting of jackrabbits -- it's because jacks are considered vermin. They overpopulate, and spread disease.

And don't worry about the meat going to waste -- in about a week every coyote from four different counties will converge and enjoy a nice tasty rabbit dinner.

Sombeech
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
it's because jacks are considered vermin. They overpopulate, and spread disease.

And don't worry about the meat going to waste -- in about a week every coyote from four different counties will converge and enjoy a nice tasty rabbit dinner.

This is true. It's actually better for most animals if we hunt vermin like rabbits, racoons, and others. Disease is huge. Some organizations will even reward you for the number of rabbit pelts you turn in. I know for a fact that farmers will pay you for hunting racoons.

Even Fox. They eat the eggs, and younglings of desired animals. Foxes may be cute, but they are a nuisance for a lot of species.

Sombeech
01-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Hey Sombeech.... send that in to PETA :roflol:

Post the response.

Waiting...