PDA

View Full Version : New Challenger & Camero

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 04:40 PM
Anyone seen the pictures of the prototype Dodge Challenger and Chevy Camero?

eclipsee_steering I've owned a couple of pretty hot Z-28's in my life but if they stick that badass 425hp Hemi in the Challenger I will own one. My truck has the Hemi and it will smoke over 90% of the cars on the road.... and ALL the other trucks.

:cool2:

crazy horse
01-12-2006, 06:14 PM
That new camaro is fly for sure. I love all the muscle cars that they are bringing back. I'd still much rather have an old one though....mmmm....'69 Camaro...yum

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 06:28 PM
I like the Camero, except for the big "smiley" face :mrgreen: front end. I hate that front end GM is sticking on a lot of their new cars.

crazy horse
01-12-2006, 06:30 PM
Yeah, that is definately pretty ghetto looking. The straight grille is the way to go for sure.

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 06:35 PM
Yeah.... getto :roflol:

They should have went with a more retro grill to match the rest of the styling

accadacca
01-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Hmmm....are they bringing the camero back then?

That challenger does look sweet! Are they both going to hit production then? Damn Iceaxe you ARE the guy on the hemi commercials.. :haha:

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 07:42 PM
The two cars above are known as "dream cars". The factory builds them to gage public reation. If the reaction is good then they get built. The Viper, the Prowler and the PT Cruiser all started life as a dream car. Chrysler has a really good recent history of bringing dream cars to life. I think the Challenger is a for sure.

With GM and the Camero you never know..... GM shut the F-body (the platform Camero's and Firebirds are built on) plant down so they could build more SUV's.... just in time for the SUV market to fall flat on its face. GM does have a really hot car out right now but you almost never hear about it. The are building the GTO with the LS2 motor, which puts out 400 hp. The Goat is a nice ride with massive HP, but it doesn't have the aggressive styling I prefer. My dad has a goat identical to the one below.

If you haven't figured it out yet, I come from a family of car nuts....

accadacca
01-12-2006, 08:40 PM
I had a Chrysler Laser in high school and then a Dodge Daytona with a Shelby kit a few years later. Pretty fast cars.....I hit 150 in the Daytona one time. Then I got burned out working on them all the time.

Since then I have owned Toyota's. I just change the oil and add gas when it gets near the "E". I don't even know whats under the hood, could be a couple donkeys for all I know. :haha: I may get the itch someday to have a REAL car again.....who knows?? :ne_nau:

Like my Laser:
http://www.mullane.com/1986Chrysler-Laser-XT.jpg

Just like my Daytona:
http://auto.consumerguide.com/images/autoreview/400x266/1990-93-Dodge-Daytona-90103351990415.JPG

Sombeech
01-12-2006, 08:44 PM
http://uutah.com/forum/files/pinto.jpg

I have nothing to say.

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Here is a picture of the last Camero Z28 I owned. I used to race this one in hill climbs. It was lowered 2". Had a completely custom suspension under it...... And about 400 hp.

eclipsee_steering

savanna3313
01-12-2006, 10:09 PM
Very cool.....what year is it? I had a 1980 Camaro, but it was a chick's kinda car. White with white leather interior, t-tops (remember those??) and a killer sound system. :rockon:

My very first car was in high school and my dad picked it out for me from a used car lot. It was a 1969 red Mustang Fastback with a hood scoop and rear spoiler on it. Of course, at 15 (you get your *real* license at 15 in La) I didn't know what I had. The mechanics at my Dad's shop were always wanting to work on it when they were slow, and then they would take it out for a "test drive" burning rubber all the way out of the driveway of the shop. I just remember thinking, "I can't wait until I can buy a new car" not realizing that I owned a classic. I just recently read an article where auto makers want to bring back muscle cars. My all time favorite car to own would be a Shelby! :2thumbs: (or a '63 - '64 Vette)

savanna3313
01-12-2006, 10:11 PM
http://uutah.com/forum/files/pinto.jpg

I have nothing to say.

Darlin', you just need to go on that show "Pimp My Ride" :nod:

Iceaxe
01-13-2006, 07:09 AM
I have nothing to say.

Please tell me you have had sex (with a woman :haha: ) in the back seat of the Pinto and you will become my new hero.

:getiton:

Iceaxe
01-13-2006, 07:14 AM
Very cool.....what year is it? I had a 1980 Camaro

I've owned two Z28's. The first was a 74 which I bought when I turned 16 in 1976. The car had only 8000 miles on it. It was also lowered 2" and a little fire breathed into the motor. The grey Z28 in the picture is a 1980 and I ordered it new.

Sombeech
01-13-2006, 07:25 AM
Darlin', you just need to go on that show "Pimp My Ride" :nod:

I went on the show, and all they gave me was the t-shirt I'm wearing.

Please tell me you have had sex (with a woman ) in the back seat of the Pinto and you will become my new hero.

Let me get back to you on that one.

savanna3313
01-13-2006, 09:14 AM
The grey Z28 in the picture is a 1980 and I ordered it new.

Yep......mine was a 1980 that I ordered as well. I was dumb and traded up (or so I thought) for a 1982 Corvette. Totally fine looking car, but an absolute lemon. Brakes kept going out, the hatch leaked everytime it rained (not good when you live in Louisiana) and it spent more time in the shop than on the road. :cry: After 6 months, I sold it. I really love cars and wish I had the money to indulge my passion.

Iceaxe
01-13-2006, 10:20 AM
82' was the last year for that body on the Vette's if I remember correctly. There was no such thing as a 83 and the 84's came out early. Usually the last year for a car is good cause they have worked all the bugs out.... but back in the 80's GM's quality control was non-existant.

:cool2: