PDA

View Full Version : Good morning

kd7kmp
01-12-2006, 05:38 AM
Good morning, all. My name is Kevin Rey. I live in Springville, Utah. I love the outdoors (duh!). My interests are hunting, hiking, backpacking, rockhounding, etc. Rockhounding is, by far, my favorite. I have a collection of Utah minerals that rivals anything you would see in a museum--and I found it all myself. When I was younger I was very involved in Mountain Man activities. The unfortunate thing is that work takes me around the country. I travel nearly every week right now. But I do get home every weekend. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Kevin

Sombeech
01-12-2006, 07:25 AM
Hey, welcome to the forum, Kevin!

Yeah, I know what it's like to travel a lot for work. I've got a new job now, but travelling wore me down sometimes.

What is it that you do?

accadacca
01-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Hey Kevin,

Welcome to uutah.com. If you like rockhounding, well you will soon meet rockgremlin. He is the rockhounding champ. :nod:

kd7kmp
01-12-2006, 08:35 AM
Sombeech,

I am a software trainer for a company called MPi. The company is based out of Las Vegas, but the training dept. is in our Orem office...thank goodness. I don't want to live in Vegas. We market a program for OEM car dealerships to increase technician productivity and help the service advisors generate more sales of needed repairs for their customers' vehicles.

Iceaxe
01-12-2006, 08:38 AM
Nice to know who to ask next time I find a cool looking rock.

:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
01-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Hey dude!! Post up some pics of some of the stuff you have found. I've found some cool stuff over the years. Here's pics of some of the stuff I have found:

http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=908

I have found some really cool stuff in the House Range and Drum Mountains too.

Welcome to the site!! :2thumbs:

kd7kmp
01-16-2006, 04:19 PM
Here's a link to some stuff I've collected from around the state. Most of this came from the Topaz Mountain area.

www.prospector-utah.com/topazkevin.htm

Kevin