PDA

View Full Version : Millcreek Canyon

crazy horse
01-07-2006, 12:27 PM
Has anybody been up to Millcreek Canyon recently? I wanted to head up there today and was wondering what the snowcover would be like up higher. Need to know whether to go rent some snowshoes or not, ya know? Just help me out if you can, thanks.

devNull
01-08-2006, 06:35 PM
I am too late, but....

I was up there with some friends on Thursday around the Mt. Aire/Lambs Canyon trailhead and it would have been pretty tough hiking w/out snowshoes. You don't need them to get up the road or maybe if you stay on a packed trail. In fact it looked liked someone had gotten up to the trailhead fine w/out snowshoes, but then tried to cut new trail w/out snowshoes and had given up after a few hundred yards. It looks like there won't be much snow from the bottom of the canyon, but when you get up the canyon there is enough snow that snowshoes are useful in my opinion.

crazy horse
01-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Cool, thanks for the info, its never really too late. I ended up not going up anyway, but instead just letting the dog run around in the gully near my house. Thats the great thing about Millcreek though, tons of trails and no restriction on the canine friends.

FlyfishermanMike
04-04-2006, 01:15 AM
False, dogs must be leased on even days. I hate when people are up my canyon and abuse their privlages.

^^ike

FlyfishermanMike
04-09-2006, 11:17 PM
I drove up yesterday. There is still so much snow that I need the snowmobile. So you're going to need the shoes. It usually not until mid-May that it really becomes accessable.

^^ike