PDA

View Full Version : Freezefest Video

shaggy125
01-03-2006, 05:40 PM
I was able to attend the first three days of Ram's freezefest last week. I was able to do 5 canyons. I put together a 10 min. video of three of them, it's pretty crappy quality as usual, but better than nothing. Day 1 we did No Kidding and Right Fork of Leprechaun. Leprechaun was done at warp speed so no video of it. Day 2 we did Stair and Left Fork of Lep. Lep again was done pretty fast so no video. Day 3 we did "Hemlock" as Tom calls it, a secret canyon that I can't tell you about (actually hemlock isn't even its real name). I only filmed the approach and first couple rappels of that one before the memory card was full. Here's the link to the vid:

http://tinyurl.com/dzgyj

P.S. I got a mini camcorder with some extra Christmas money, complete with accidental damage insurance (last camera drown in Imlay), so look for more, better quality videos this coming year!

Iceaxe
01-03-2006, 06:31 PM
Great video.... looks like the Christmas money was well spent :thumb:

Dang.... I hate canyoneering over snow dusted sandstone.... makes me feel like a major geek. :help:

Sombeech
01-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Nice work, Shag! I your videos are pretty good.

I keep saying this, but soon we'll have a "Canyoneering Videos" index, and we'd love to get yours in there. Soon, very soon.

rockgremlin
01-03-2006, 08:20 PM
I keep saying this, but soon we'll have a "Canyoneering Videos" index, and we'd love to get yours in there. Soon, very soon.

Just do a sticky in the Canyoneering section exclusively for videos.

shaggy125
01-03-2006, 08:59 PM
Great video.... looks like the Christmas money was well spent :thumb:

Actually I just got the Camcorder today, that was filmed with a borrowed crappy digital still camera. The watered down google version looks about as good as the original. The video quality should get much better with the new camera. Hopefully I can learn some more tricks with my editing software to make them flow a little better too.

Eric.

Sombeech
01-03-2006, 09:18 PM

Just do a sticky in the Canyoneering section exclusively for videos.

Yeah, I'm still adding a few vids to the mtn bike section. Almost done though. :compthrow:

accadacca
01-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Nice work shag. I like that Google video deal too! :nod:

dbessee
01-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Sweet! :popcorn:

Looks like you folks had 'way too much fun.