PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Temporary webspace

rock_ski_cowboy
01-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Anyone have 520 MB available on their web server that I could use for a few weeks to make a really cool 25 minute video of Cataract Canyon at high water (70k cfs) this summer available to people on the group. There is some really great footage of the 2 big drops (lil' niagra and Satan's Gut) flipping all sorts of boats. PM me the ftp or sftp info, etc.

OOPS This probably belongs some where else, like general discussion. Admin please move or delete.

accadacca
01-03-2006, 11:18 AM
WOW 520 MB? Why so big? Really shouldn't have to be that big? I could help.....PM me.

Sombeech
01-03-2006, 09:56 PM
Do you want to keep all 25 minutes? Or would you want to crop it up into several clips, just showing the action?

For all of my stuff, I just use Windows Movie Maker. If you have windows XP, it's already on your machine. Most movie files, it will read. Open up WMM, and import the movie into the program. It will break up all of the scenes, and you can cut and paste the different scenes into the timeline.

When you're done with a decent portion, which would be about 45 seconds to a minute, save the movie file. Then, you can choose the filesize to compress it down to. You will most likely be making more than one clip with the different action scenes.

If you like, you can email me clips up to 10MB in size, and I can throw them on here for you. My email is jeepjustinjeep AT yahoo.com.

I can even paste them all together on this side, so it's one continuous video, but that all depends on if it's necessary.

There's several options here. You can even upload them yourself, if you chop it up into 2MB segments. Depending on how "action packed" your video is, this could end up to be a lot of segments though. You'll find out that this footage can be compressed a bunch, with only a little clarity lost.

Maybe give Windows Movie Maker a try, and give us a yell. I only discovered it within a year, and I've made my way around it pretty good so far. And if that's not going to work, we'll find a way. Good luck man, and I'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

rock_ski_cowboy
01-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Ok I'll give WMM a try and see what happens. Although its all pretty good, the best stuff could probably be compressed to about 5 minutes.

shaggy125
01-04-2006, 07:31 AM
You can just upload the whole thing at http://video.google.com and they will compress it and add it to their video collection automatically. Thats what I've started doing. No limit on size since they compress it after you upload it.

Eric.

Iceaxe
01-04-2006, 07:33 AM
I got to try that Google Video out. I have a couple canyoneering videos that would be cool to share on the web but they are big, high quaility 20 mintue type deals.

:popcorn:

Sombeech
01-04-2006, 08:37 AM
You can just upload the whole thing at http://video.google.com and they will compress it and add it to their video collection automatically. Thats what I've started doing. No limit on size since they compress it after you upload it.

Cool. I'll have to try that as well.

Red Deer
01-06-2006, 03:48 AM
Howdy,

I can do that. Give me until this weekend, and I'll set up an FTP account for you on my server...

Happy Trails,
Reid