PDA

View Full Version : Ice's 2005 Top Ten

Iceaxe
01-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Out of the thousands of pictures I took canyoneering in 2005 these are 10 of my favorite. I don't know why, but I just liked these pictures so I thought I would share them with ya all....

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
01-02-2006, 01:07 PM
Nice pics. There's a story that goes with this one:

http://uutah.com/forum/files/c07.jpg

My have things changed in 12 years! Back in the good ole days of 1994, me and my bro-in-law (Chuck) and his Samoan half-brother (Vince) did this canyon that summer after I graduated from high school. It was this year that I started to really get into canyoneering. The Subway was still somewhat of a "secret" back then, and permits were unnecessary.

Anyways, I went through and Photoshopped this photo to appear how it did in 1994. Notice that big green pothole wasn't so big in 1994. It has expanded considerably. The two black arrows were where we dared Vince to "take the easy way down," and jump into that pothole from that ledge. Well, after he did it with no injury, we both had to follow suit as well. We both made the jump with no injury (except for maybe a gravel enema from my butt hitting the bottom of the pothole - it's only about waist deep). In retrospect, we were a bunch of jackasses. That stunt could've ended us up in the hospital -- or morgue!!

Iceaxe
01-02-2006, 05:34 PM
Its amazing how much the canyons change. there is a cool 3' natural bridge in Red Cave. When I was showing pictures to Tanya's brother who had last visited the canyon 10 years earlier he commented that the 3' openning was only the size of a baseball when he saw it last.