PDA

View Full Version : What do my eyes see???

derstuka
12-31-2005, 06:03 PM
Well, I am in Michigan for Christmas, and as I shovel my dad's driveway of the 4 inches of fresh (fast melting) snow, I see a pack of 10-12 mountain bikers trudge on thru the fairly deep rain/snow/slush...I tell ya, to see such a sight, it gave me a smile a mile wide! Rock on!!!! :rockon:

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TreeHugger
12-31-2005, 06:24 PM
Hey I'm from Michigan! Mountain Biking in the winter is a pretty "normal" occurance there - we would have regular rides on the weekends always with a good turn out - it's super fun!

Where're ya from? I'm from Ann Arbor, just moved here 3 years ago.

derstuka
01-03-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey I'm from Michigan! Mountain Biking in the winter is a pretty "normal" occurance there - we would have regular rides on the weekends always with a good turn out - it's super fun!

Where're ya from? I'm from Ann Arbor, just moved here 3 years ago.

Well, I am orginally from Cheboygan, but most of my family is all from Troy/Royal Oak/Highland Park. When I lived in Michigan, I used to mtn bike all the time, and, unfortunately, I never once saw a pack of mtn bikers like I saw on the street. I used to ride all around, Birmingham, Royal Oak, Troy, Sterling Heights, Berkley, and parts of Novi and Kensington Park. I was usually the "lone" rider, with only people with Kmart/Wal-Mart specials on the road, nobody who cared much about biking other than getting them to the store to get a quick fix. Very possible it was still in the beginning of the mtn bike craze. How long has the MMBA been around? I never heard of it up until about 5 years ago.

TreeHugger
01-04-2006, 08:16 AM
The mmba started 15 years ago.

There are often group rides at Island Lake, Maybury and other places (Fort Custer comes to mind) during the winter. (on trails) There are many threads about winter riding if you do a search on the site. It's pretty cool.