PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Brent & Mike Trail -- Green River, WY

Sombeech
12-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Courtesy of greyhair biker (http://uutah.com/forum/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=163). More info on Green River, Wyoming trails at http://balder.prohosting.com/greyhair/

The Brent & Mike Trail
Trail Type: Singletrack
Configuration: Out and Back
Length: 6 Miles
Trail by: Wade Liedtke

Directions: The dirt access road on the Southeast end of town is the entrance road to FMC Park. Follow the dirt road across the bridge of the Green River making your way South then East again past the red archery barn in Scotts Bottoms Nature Area. Head up the road East for about 2 miles past the turn off to the shooting range to the trailhead on the left of the dirt road.

This well defined ATV trail quickly turns into singletrack and meanders its way up the North side of the valley then across to the South side up and around the ridge. Next, the intermediate section of single track winds its way around several ridges to an overlook at which point you can turn around for an excellent out and back ride to your vehicle at the trailhead & back to town.

Contact the Green River Chamber of Commerce for trail guide info or Greyhair Bike Repair at 307-875-1445, e-mail: wcliedtke@msn.com

http://uutah.com/forum/files/brent___mikes.jpg

http://uutah.com/forum/files/wades_pics_092.jpg

greyhair biker
01-24-2006, 07:23 AM
Probably the best singletrack yet developed. The pictures don't even begin to do it justice! There are tight sections that will test your balance and endurance. The trail can now be done as a complete loop. Wind up the well used portion of the trail and after a few miles you reach the 'advanced' section which is pure unadulterated single track droping rock shelves and winding around cliff edges through sagebrush and cactus and the occasional juniper area.

greyhair biker
03-24-2006, 07:53 PM
Just went out on this one today -50+ degrees - :nod: first time of the season as it turns out 'cause mine were the first bike tracks on the trail...still an amazing trail! I got up to the juniper line and hit mud & snowpack but backtracked & dropped down to the new stuff a mile back or so...trail needs some seasonal work like replacement of some cairns but is otherwise is good shape. Someone tried it on a motorcycle & tore up part of the trail but we can fix that ( the snow stopped them) Back along the rock shelf area I chased up a herd of deer crossing my path but no badgers yet...no snakes yet either - too early for a few months yet.

Sombeech
03-24-2006, 09:34 PM
Cool. It's good to get out after this flippin' snow! I'm hoping to ride somewhere monday or tuesday.

shlingdawg
03-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Looks like it would be fun to take a .22 along with you on the ride. Any rabbit or praire dogs running across your path?

greyhair biker
03-30-2006, 06:42 AM
Yes cool! The shooting range is along the way to the trailhead..within a half mile and the riding in the area is easy to get to. I pack my 9mm on the bike regularly in the summer - not always at the range, in fact I usually will ride a bit to get the heartrate up & then target practice a bit to see how accurate I am...you can actually DO that here in Wyoming - the antelope out number the people and the varmits are EVERYWHERE! :assault:

Ross
04-05-2006, 05:58 PM
cool pictures. Looks like a wicked place to ride. Wish I lived in a place like that.

greyhair biker
08-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, here are a few pics from tonights group ride.

Sombeech
08-10-2007, 06:55 PM
cool sunset.

live2ride
08-10-2007, 09:34 PM
I would like to come up there and ride that trail with you sometime, I'll get a place to stay and ride it looks awesome!

greyhair biker
08-10-2007, 11:05 PM
come on up - it'll be rideable for a couple months yet :2thumbs:

live2ride
08-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Alright, lets get a date for sometime in September when I can come ride in your neck of the woods. Looks like it will be fun and maybee I will have a new bike by then!! :nod:

greyhair biker
08-13-2007, 05:57 AM
I have the weekend of the 14 & 15 off OR I have from the 24th through the end of the month of Sept off too...was planning on hitting Moab the end of Sept but that fell through so I am open for most anything :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
08-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I'm gonna try to ride this again tomorrow morning with some guys...that is, if the trail dried out any from todays' rainstorm...I'll try to get some pics.

Ride On
08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
this trail is sikk! i rode it last year.

greyhair biker
08-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Ok - here are a couple from this mornings' ride:
-too wet to take most of the shots so I'll try again when it dries up. :nod:

live2ride
08-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Very nice, I would like to come up in Sept to ride it with ya.

greyhair biker
08-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Very nice, I would like to come up in Sept to ride it with ya.
All we have to do is figure out a day :nod: I am off the 13,14,15 and I wake up from graves around noon on the 22. Any other days and we'd have to see how it'll play. Let me know :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
09-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Here are some more from tonights' ride...

Sombeech
09-13-2007, 10:16 PM
Excellent sunset pic!

tanya
09-14-2007, 07:07 AM
:ne_nau: Ouch!

http://uutah.com/forum/files/ouch.jpg

greyhair biker
09-14-2007, 07:34 AM
yeah...fun stuff...Im sitting here on the couch right now letting all the wounds dry so I can go and spend the day in the bikeshop working on a crapload of bikes...not gonna get much riding in today :haha: :frustrated:

tanya
09-14-2007, 07:52 AM
Ummmmm .... needing TLC :nod:

accadacca
09-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Oh dayham that blows. :nono:

greyhair biker
09-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Ummmmm .... needing TLC :nod:

...Oh BOY - do I EVER! - - I could use a good *massage* :naughty:

tanya
09-14-2007, 03:31 PM
You are an addict. :haha:

greyhair biker
10-12-2010, 01:49 PM
We've built an extention from an extention of this trail. Pick Your Poison comes off the end of the Brent N Mikes trail and Draino comes off the beginning of Pick Your Poison. Nice way out instead of riding the road back.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r04NWXMnPFc

fourtycal
10-14-2010, 06:45 AM
Nice addition. That looks sweet and it looks like a great time of year to ride it :2thumbs:

greyhair biker
10-18-2010, 08:02 PM
I've ridden it nearly every day off for the last month - I'm sure I broke the Salsa bombing down this:haha:

greyhair biker
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
Just spent two days cleaning out the wash to increase speed and shaping & cleaning the trail. The flow is incredible! The wash has all kinds of lips & jumps buillt in to it. I SO wish it was spring instead of near winter. We are completing the approval stages of all the legal stuff(insurance, easement agreement, signeage). Maps will be the final stage(official maps anyway). They will be free to the public. We will have kiosks at strategic points and trailheads. :clap::ride::cool2::nod: