PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Big Balls...

rockgremlin
12-30-2005, 12:11 PM
...Uutah's Fantasy Football Champion!!

Things for me just went from bad to worse. There's no hope for my team now. Here's the latest:

Dec 30 Jones is scheduled to start in the Bears' regular season finale against the Vikings, but is not expected to play much of the game. Jones needs 27 yards to join Walter Payton as the only two Bears running backs to gain 1,300 yards in a single season. Jones is expected to get some rest after reaching the milestone.

Dec 29 Palmer (groin) missed another practice Thursday, though he remains probable on the injury report, according to the team's official site.

Recommendation: Each day Palmer doesn't work with the team - he also rested Wednesday - suggests Jon Kitna is one day closer to starting at quarterback in Kansas City Sunday. The Bengals need a win or a Patriot loss to hold the No. 3 seed in the conference, but it's not all that clear if Cincinnati cares about that difference in seeding, at least when you balance that against the risk of exposing Palmer.

Dec 30 The Bengals have not yet decided if Palmer will start this Sunday at Kansas City.

accadacca
12-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Oh yeah......Dec 30 KFFL has learned Indianapolis Colts RB Edgerrin James is not expected to play in Week 17.

Iceaxe
12-31-2005, 12:54 PM
Stop your whinning Gremlin..... I got the same problem. Shockey is Benched, Muhamand is Benched, Jackson is Benched, Parker is not starting..... everyone is resting up for the playoffs.... this kinda sucks for a finish to a fun season.

rockgremlin
12-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Stop your whinning Gremlin..... I got the same problem. Shockey is Benched, Muhamand is Benched, Jackson is Benched, Parker is not starting..... everyone is resting up for the playoffs.... this kinda sucks for a finish to a fun season.

That does suck! They should coordinate the fantasy playoffs to be during a week that most NFL teams are NOT resting their power players.

Iceaxe
12-31-2005, 05:08 PM
Usually the final week is more unsettled.... usually teams are fighting for the final spot, fighting for the bye week, fighting for homefield.... this week is kinda week for the Pro fan.... good thing I love Collage ball :2thumbs:

accadacca
01-01-2006, 01:28 PM
This is turning out to be a pretty pathetic championship game. So far all of my big guns have been camping out on the sidelines. :frustrated:

This is going to be interesting. I do have 4 players to still go, that are fighting for playoff positions. SI has 2 going, one who has playoff aspirations.

Looks like Iceaxe will easily get the 3rd place finish.

rockgremlin
01-01-2006, 03:30 PM
This is turning out to be a pretty pathetic championship game.

You can say that again brotha! Four of my top players only played a fraction of their usual minutes due to injuries, or the team wanting to conserve them for the playoffs, or both. :roll:

I am 99% sure that this will be my poorest showing of the entire season. I'll be LUCKY to break the 30 point mark!! :frustrated:

Iceaxe
01-01-2006, 04:23 PM
Looks like Iceaxe will easily get the 3rd place finish.

Cool... now I can buy a 6 pack of domestic beer and have enough left over for a really ugly hooker. :roll:

accadacca
01-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Can you believe that rockgremlin had 62 points riding the bench? :roll:

rockgremlin
01-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Ya, I just couldn't justify pulling my starters and replacing them with guys I wasn't familiar with. I had already used Gus Frerotte once during the regular season, and he burned me -- I got like negative 2 points or something. So in the end, I couldn't justify using other players when my starters had been so rock solid for 16 straight weeks.

I had to go with what I knew, and in the end I burned for it. But I can't say I regret that decision. I think I was going with what wisdom would dictate -- I mean if my starters were solid for 16 straight weeks, I couldn't just dump them out on their ears for the most important game of the season.

Oh well, whaddaya gonna do? :ne_nau:

icthys
01-02-2006, 07:57 AM
Way to go Big Balls.

Ya gotta plan on some top players not playing the last couple of weeks. You pick up their replacements, find someone on the waivers, or before the trade deadline ends you trade hoping you can find players on teams that are fighting for a playoff spot.

Iceaxe
01-02-2006, 09:04 PM
Dang RockGemlin.... you left a winning team on the bench. You knew Palmer was getting benched and you left him in your starting line up. :nono:

rockgremlin
01-02-2006, 10:54 PM
Dang RockGemlin.... you left a winning team on the bench. You knew Palmer was getting benched and you left him in your starting line up. :nono:

I wouldn't have won even with Gus in at QB. And I wasn't gonna trust R. Williams over my other starters.