PDA

View Full Version : Desert Rat

escalosobre
12-30-2005, 10:49 AM
Hi All,

This seems like an interesting site. I am from AZ, but currently living on the beach in NC. I love UT, CO, Northern CA, OR, WA, WY, NM.

My interests are rock climbing, backpacking, and hiking. I really am a warm weather kind of girl. I am moving to CO in March, and am exited to learn to snowshoe.

Safe travels!

DickHead
12-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Hi Sarah! I'm from Havelock, NC, originally. Welcome to the site.

Iceaxe
12-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Alright, anther woman to help hesse keep the men in line :naughty:

:2thumbs: Wlecome :2thumbs:

dbessee
12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Welcome to the site!

If you need CO snowshoe buddies, my son Jordan & I get out about 2x per month when there's snow.

DickHead
12-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I forgot to ask, where in AZ are you from? I lived in Yuma for almost 5 years.

Sombeech
12-30-2005, 02:05 PM
Welcome to the site, escalosobre! :2thumbs:

You'll have to make a few posts in the backpacking section of your adventures.

accadacca
12-30-2005, 11:36 PM
Welcome!!! :cool2:

escalosobre
12-31-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :smile:

Jason - I grew up in Phoenix. but spent the last few years (college, etc) in Tucson. I am in Wilmington currently, the beaches are gorgeous, and I have been able to spend time in the Smokies.

Don - I will take you up on your snowshoeing offer, as long as you don't mind a beginner. I have a feeling it won't be the same as walking, LOL.

I will check out the backpacking board too.

Happy New Year!

dbessee
12-31-2005, 08:12 PM
Well it's sorta like walking but...

Actually, my 11 year old has taught at least two other adults how to do it so it ain't so bad :haha:

Have a great New Years!

hesse15
01-01-2006, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :smile:

Jason - I grew up in Phoenix. but spent the last few years (college, etc) in Tucson. I am in Wilmington currently, the beaches are gorgeous, and I have been able to spend time in the Smokies.

Don - I will take you up on your snowshoeing offer, as long as you don't mind a beginner. I have a feeling it won't be the same as walking, LOL.

I will check out the backpacking board too.

Happy New Year!
hi girl welcome in the group
nice to have more women to give some ard time to these testosterone fill up guys!!!!
i like snowshoes too when i will be back in USA after the 17th lets hook up
by the way is cristina

mossimo64
01-02-2006, 06:22 PM
Hey welcome. I just moved from Mt Hood Oregon not to long ago. What part where you at?

-Peter

DickHead
01-03-2006, 07:06 AM
Ah, the beaches of NC....man I miss those.