PDA

View Full Version : Out of Area mountain biking

greyhair biker
12-29-2005, 05:33 PM
These are just a few pictures of trails in the Green River, Wyoming area. These trails are posted on my website at: http://balder.prohosting.com/greyhair
The website has pictures as well as trail descriptions and maps.

greyhair biker
12-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I'm also working with the BLM & Forest Service building a new trail system 25 miles south of Green River near Holmes Crossing(squaw hollow on the maps) in the Devils' Playground/Twin Buttes area. Lots of singletrack and downhill/freeride sections :2thumbs: . This on will be built mostly in '06 with more pictures to come.

DickHead
12-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Not very scenic....but I dig the really narrow sections of singletrack.
How's the fishing around there?

greyhair biker
12-29-2005, 06:40 PM
Flaming Gorge is just 20 minutes away and known for it's world record fishing...although I am not a fisherman I've been told the fishing is to die for.

DickHead
12-29-2005, 07:32 PM
Flaming Gorge is just 20 minutes away and known for it's world record fishing...although I am not a fisherman I've been told the fishing is to die for.

Ah I was actually looking at your end of the Green River there. I'm not much of a lake fisherman unless its for bucketmouth.

Sombeech
12-29-2005, 09:19 PM
hey, greyhair. I sent you a PM about the trails. Let me know if I can help you make the Trail Reports. Thanks.

greyhair biker
01-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Cool! I appreciate the help! And no, unless you like high arid desert views the terrain all looks the same at first but when you get out in it theres lots of variety. 5 minutes out of town in any direction and you are practically alone. Anything from rock shelfs to launch from to long windy single track. When the weather allows I will take more pics and post them.

greyhair biker
01-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Oh yes, the fishing in the Green River is good too...we are at the lower end of Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge so lots of migratory birds stop here along the way and you can watch pelicans, herons, cranes & such dive for fish. Cool stuff

greyhair biker
06-05-2007, 12:24 PM
thought Id add a few more pics of Brent N Mikes trail...I rode it yesterday