PDA

View Full Version : east coast intro

jimmalette
12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi all. My name is Jim. I live just north of Boston,Ma.
A few years ago we (wife Nadine) started taking our vacations out in the western part of the country.

We have been to Utah 5 times now. Back in June we planned another trip to the Zion area. We were going to do an overnite in the Narrows and some back country hiking, camping etc.
When I found out that the Narrows were closed due to high flow I had to come up with plan B.
I came up with technical canyoneering. Ran it by Nadine and she seemed fine with the idea of being on the rope.
So we took a course in Springdale and did some canyons on our own.
We had a blast.
On the plane ride back to Boston we were planning our next visit to Zion in Sept. We purchased our plane tickets and waited for Sept.
In the meantime I lurked on all the canyoneering sites and sucked up info and beta.
Come August I find out Tom is having a Fest in Sept.same time we are in Zion.
Couldn't have worked out any better.We were able to get into canyons I wouldn't have taken the two of us in alone. Learned some good technique also.

We will come back to Utah in the spring for more canyons.
And the summer.
And the fall too.
I going to grab a beer now ,the more empties I cash in the more plane tickets I can buy.
See ya, Jim

Sombeech
12-20-2005, 05:36 PM
Cool story, man. You're always welcome to Utah.

Welcome to the forum!

accadacca
12-20-2005, 06:09 PM
Yeah, welcome to the site. How about those Patriots huh? I have Brady on my fantasy team. :2thumbs:

Iceaxe
12-20-2005, 07:00 PM
Hey... I got Cory Dillion on my fantasy team.

Welcome to the club Jim :2thumbs:

BTTAndy
12-21-2005, 07:08 AM
Yeah, welcome to the site. How about those Patriots huh? I have Brady on my fantasy team. :2thumbs:

Tom Brady HUH? GO BLUE BABY!!!

Welcome aboard Jim.