PDA

View Full Version : Trip Report Battle Creek Ice 12-17-05

Iceaxe
12-17-2005, 11:14 PM
I spent the day with Jumar (Jeff), Marco and my 10 year old daughter (Stormy) up doing some ice climbing. It had been a year since I was last on the ice and I was pretty excited..... but even more exiting was that this would be the first time my daughter had ever ice climbed. She has been waiting patiently for a long time for this opportunity and thanks to Jumar she was properly outfitted with midget sized ice climbing gear.

Below are a few of my favorite pics from the day. I didn't get any pics of Jeff because I was always belaying him while he climbed. Mrs. Jumar also showed up and took a spin up the ice before heading for warmer surroundings. And I didn't get any pictures of her because I was giving Stormy a short course on how to play with razor blades.

I'll try and post more pics if I can find some good ones. Jumar should also have a few.

And Jeff, when you can't find your "other" set of ice axes I found them in my truck when we unloaded. I'll drop them with your dad Monday if thats cool.... and a big thanks from stormy and I.

Anyhoo.... enjoy....

:wavey:

dbessee
12-18-2005, 01:49 AM
Awsome! Looks like you're getting a start on the season.

hesse15
12-18-2005, 04:58 PM
I spent the day with Jumar (Jeff), Marco and my 10 year old daughter (Stormy) up doing some ice climbing. It had been a year since I was last on the ice and I was pretty excited..... but even more exiting was that this would be the first time my daughter had ever ice climbed. She has been waiting patiently for a long time for this opportunity and thanks to Jumar she was properly outfitted with midget sized ice climbing gear.

Below are a few of my favorite pics from the day. I didn't get any pics of Jeff because I was always belaying him while he climbed. Mrs. Jumar also showed up and took a spin up the ice before heading for warmer surroundings. And I didn't get any pictures of her because I was giving Stormy a short course on how to play with razor blades.

I'll try and post more pics if I can find some good ones. Jumar should also have a few.

And Jeff, when you can't find your "other" set of ice axes I found them in my truck when we unloaded. I'll drop them with your dad Monday if thats cool.... and a big thanks from stormy and I.

Anyhoo.... enjoy....

:wavey:

cool pictures
she looks so cute
pretty soon she is going to kick your butt!!!
:mrgreen: :roflol:

Iceaxe
12-18-2005, 08:56 PM
pretty soon she is going to kick your butt!!!

I think the day is fast approaching.... but as long as she is climbing with dad I know she ain't smokin' crack.

It will be nice to have a young rope gun along.

:2thumbs:

Sombeech
12-18-2005, 09:04 PM
That looks pretty sweet!

Where is this located?

Iceaxe
12-18-2005, 09:29 PM
The ice is in Utah County.....

Unfortunately I missed the BEST picture of the day.... that was when Marco met us in the parking lot and walked up wearing a Gore-Tex shell with the legs tucked inside his cowboy boots :roflol:

Sombeech
12-18-2005, 09:40 PM
My dad taught me never to tuck my pants inside my boots. It made me look like a "City Slicker".

jumar
12-19-2005, 02:44 PM
My wife took a bunch of pics too, but a lot of them were blurry :(

http://community.webshots.com/album/521595588nBVEYr

Here's some Marcus took...

http://photos.imageevent.com/jumar/iceclimbing/524595427ZRzPjC_ph.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/jumar/iceclimbing/524595799qwEaQA_ph.jpg

http://photos.imageevent.com/jumar/iceclimbing/524596086EOcDAE_ph.jpg

Heading to Joe's next Monday. Gotta love this season!!

Iceaxe
12-19-2005, 03:04 PM
Dropped your ice tools and a CD of JEGS with your dad this morning.....

I almost forgot about Joe's Valley.... guess I'm still invited???? What time you planning to head down so I can see about getting a kitchen pass?

Ice :cool2:

jumar
12-19-2005, 03:09 PM
I'll already be down there hanging with Becky's family. My dad will leave probably early Monday morning and pick me up on the way down. Give him a call and find out the details.

:2thumbs:

Thanks for dropping the tools off for me.