PDA

View Full Version : Newest Newbie

MobileWolf
12-13-2005, 12:09 PM
I'm new to this site and wanted to say hello. I am in awe of you lucky people that are blessed to live in Utah, and surrounding area. I am in Mobile, Alabama, and have been my entire life. I want to do some hiking, biking, backpacking, and camping in your beautiful corner of the world. My nine year old son and I would never want to return. This is an awesome site. I hope to learn some great places from all of you.
If any of you ever get to Mobile, give me a holler.

Happy Trails!

Eddie

accadacca
12-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Hey Eddie good to have you. Roll tide roll..... :popcorn:

rockgremlin
12-13-2005, 02:38 PM
Hey dude!

How are things in your neck of the world? Did you get hit pretty hard by Katrina? Are things pretty well recovered over there or what? Fill us all in.

MobileWolf
12-14-2005, 07:30 AM
We were very blessed in Mobile. We were without power, a lot of nuisance damage, and the gas shortage was terrible. We have one local community, Bayou La Batre, Forrest Gump's hometown, that suffered major damge. It is a low-lying area and most of the town was devastated. A lot of those people are still homeless, some living in tents still. The Federal Aid has been slow in coming to them. Biloxi and the rest of the Mississippi Coast was devastated. It is worse there than in New Orleans. Thanks for your concern.

I can't wait to learn more and more about Utah. I am sharing this site with friends. I hope you don't mind outsiders looking in on your piece of heaven. I am looking forward to visiting there within the next year, or two, at the most.

Thanks,

Eddie
P.S. The Roll Tide was very appreciated. I bleed Crimson, and lost a lot of blood at the end of the season, unfortunately. lol

rockgremlin
12-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Wow. Amazing that people are still living out of tents. :eek2: Well, there's plenty of room here in Utah for a couple more -- come on up! :2thumbs:

Sombeech
12-16-2005, 12:32 PM
Hey, welcome to the site, Wolf!