PDA

View Full Version : Just another new guy

tallsteve
12-12-2005, 12:10 PM
Hey, everyone! My name is Steve (obviously) from Cedar Hills and yes, I am tall (6'7"). When I ride my bike, my friends tell me I look like a flag pole and are amazed I stay upright! My passion is mt. biking but I also fly fish (mostly from my float tube because I get really tired of the crowded rivers), hiking, snowshoeing, shooting, four-wheeling. I bike mostly up American Fork Canyon since it's so close to home and know most of the trails like the back of my hand. During the winter I snowshoe many of the same trails I bike. My job keeps me really busy during spring, summer and fall but slows way down during the winter and I fight to stay awake at the office so I haunt websites like this and dream of summer-time outings!

accadacca
12-12-2005, 12:52 PM
Welcome Steve! That Tibble Fork trail is one of the best in the state and the others in that area are hard to beat. Shhhhh......though lets keep that a secret. :haha:

david staub
12-12-2005, 12:59 PM
Welcome Steve;

One of these days I am going to ride my bike on the Alpine loop. Do you know how far that is? I have ridden from my home in Orem out the canal road and up to my daughter's townhouse in Cedar Hills. I need to just keep going, do the full loop and come out around my place.

Let us know what the distance of the loop is.

tallsteve
12-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Sory I don't know the distance. I drive up the canyon to whichever trailhead I'm going to ride and really haven't paid attention to driving mileage. You might find the information you are looking for at utahmountainbiking.com. Look for information on the ride called RAT (ride around Timp). I know some guys bike up the canyon road then hit the trails but for me it's just too much pavement and time. Driving up the canyon I can be to my favorite trailhead in 15 minutes from my house. The paved road is very steep and better suited for a road bike.

Sombeech
12-12-2005, 05:30 PM
Welcome, tallsteve! You've come to the right place to talk about all of those hobbies of yours.

Sombeech
12-12-2005, 05:30 PM
oops, double post

Iceaxe
12-12-2005, 05:37 PM
:hail2thechief: bike riders...

My exercise consists of Volume Up, Volume down, Channel up, Channel down.... :lol8: