PDA

View Full Version : Canyoneer Holiday Potluck

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 10:11 AM
Come join the fun at the Canyoneer Holiday Potluck!

Where: Roger and Jane Arhart's, 2117 Belaire (2915 E), SLC
When: Friday, December 16
Time: 6:00 PM
Bring: Your beverage and a dish to share, slides or CDs
Phone: 467-8217

:five:

rockgremlin
12-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Is this that shindig that Tom Jones throws every year, or is this your own separate deal?

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 10:49 AM
This has nothing to do with me other then I attend every year :mrgreen:

I believe Tom's part in the party consists of rallying the troops and providing some slides. This is an annual shindig (4th annual?) thrown by Roger and Jane Arhart. You met Jane and her son Stevie at the Canyoneering College/practice deal we held this summer on the Big Red Rock in Draper. The pics below might jog your memory. Also if you have been to any other local canyoneering functions such as ZCC stuff you have probably seen them around.

:popcorn:

rockgremlin
12-10-2005, 02:00 PM
What?! No pics of me?! That's it....I'm not coming!!

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 02:31 PM
What?! No pics of me?! That's it....I'm not coming!!

When you host a party I'll post your pic....

....or if you ever sign up for one of my trips.... that "I have to clean the hamster cage" excuse is wearing kinda thin :roll:

Ice

rockgremlin
12-10-2005, 08:59 PM
....or if you ever sign up for one of my trips.... that "I have to clean the hamster cage" excuse is wearing kinda thin :roll:

Ice

Ya, right!!! 26.2 miles is hardly a hamster cage cleaning!!

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 09:08 PM
Sent ya an invite for the 7 & 8th.... I'm still waiting a reply....

Ice

rockgremlin
12-11-2005, 01:43 PM
Sent ya an invite for the 7 & 8th.... I'm still waiting a reply....

Ice

Depends.

What's on the itinerary? If it's a wet canyon I'll need to round up some neoprene. And depending on if it's a REALLY wet canyon, I'll have to round up a LOT of neoprene.

If it's a "secret" canyon, PM me the plans. I'd like to go, and so far nothing is planned, so fill me in.

accadacca
12-11-2005, 07:05 PM
You should add this to the calendar. Just to get people familiar with where its located.

Iceaxe
12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
If it's a "secret" canyon, PM me the plans. I'd like to go, and so far nothing is planned, so fill me in.

No neo required.... None of the routes are public knowledge.... couple of other possible options also on the menu, depends who signs up and the weather.... yada, yada..... This is the same trip and group that was supposed to go the first week of December.....

Good group, fun bunch, I'm the only old guy, so I'll probably have to tuck you young whipper snappers in at night..... :roflol:

rockgremlin
12-12-2005, 01:07 AM

No neo required.... None of the routes are public knowledge.... couple of other possible options also on the menu, depends who signs up and the weather.... yada, yada..... This is the same trip and group that was supposed to go the first week of December.....

Good group, fun bunch, I'm the only old guy, so I'll probably have to tuck you young whipper snappers in at night..... :roflol:

For now consider me in. Since the fates have prevented us from hooking up about 100 times before, I wouldn't be surprised if something truly dramatic came up to prevent me from going on this trip. :roll: But it would have to be something like the death of a close family member to stop me from going.

I'm crossing my fingers...

Iceaxe
12-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Alrighty.... I have my Friday night cleared up so I can go the canyoneer party. Its always a bunch of fun.... lots of ol' gray haired dudes and dudettes. Probably be a good idea if some young blood showed up so we have someone to go fetch me anther beer :pitcher:

Anyone need me to hold their hand..... :ne_nau: .... anyone want to drive me home after..... eclipsee_steering

So. I'm going..... who else is in?

:blbl:

shaggy125
12-13-2005, 06:09 PM
I'm going to try to make it.

Iceaxe
12-13-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm going to try to make it.

:2thumbs: Sweet :2thumbs:

accadacca
12-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Sounds like fun and I would certainly enjoy seeing the photos. I have another Christmas party on the schedule.

hesse15
12-13-2005, 09:14 PM
Sounds like fun and I would certainly enjoy seeing the photos. I have another Christmas party on the schedule.
:hail2thechief:
:hail2thechief:
come on accadacca do not let me the only chick giving hard time to the gray hair guys!!
please please
also the other girl Jane perhaps she is not make it
for now i just hear dudes going there
and i will try to make risotto con porcini that if works is really yummy

jumar
12-14-2005, 07:26 AM
You met Jane and her son Stevie at the Canyoneering College/practice deal we held this summer on the Big Red Rock in Draper.

Big Red Rock, is that what it's being called these days?

I've always just called it Gutz's crag.

Iceaxe
12-14-2005, 07:32 AM

Its at Janes house. I'm pretty sure she will be there. Salt Lake has a high number of female canyoneers and they are usually well represented at these type of gigs.

Iceaxe
12-14-2005, 07:36 AM
Big Red Rock, is that what it's being called these days?
I've always just called it Gutz's crag.

All the neighborhood kids call it Red Rock or the Big Red Rock so I just go with the flow.

There is also a sign up there now pointing to the trail signed Red Rock or something like that. Its really turned into a nice climbing area.

:2thumbs: Gutz :2thumbs:

jumar
12-14-2005, 08:12 AM
If you see gutz, tell him to upload the pics he took from Saturday so I can see them!! :compthrow:

hesse15
12-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Its at Janes house. I'm pretty sure she will be there. Salt Lake has a high number of female canyoneers and they are usually well represented at these type of gigs.

yes i hope so
but still I think girls will be outnumbers by guys
:friday:

Iceaxe
12-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Just giving this a little bump as a reminder.... should be lots of fun.

:friday: :rockon: :bandit: :banana: :thumb: :cheers:

hesse15
12-16-2005, 09:02 AM

it will be fun meet some more canyoneer in person !!!!! :2thumbs: :nod:

shaggy125
12-16-2005, 02:44 PM
looks like I am stuck at work for a while, have fun at the potluck, wish I could have come.

Eric.

Sombeech
12-16-2005, 04:03 PM
You guys n gals tell me how it went. I've got my Dad's b-day tonight.

I know I'm not much of a canyoneer (yet), but I'm out of school and ready to pick up a new hobby.

hesse15
12-16-2005, 11:03 PM

Hi was very nice to meet you
fun party and your face when you saw the other jane was so funny :dropmouth:

Iceaxe
12-17-2005, 09:25 PM
Fun party :friday:

The place was packed and I finally got to meet hesse :wedgie:

And to everyone who missed the party........ we talked about you all night long..... :haha:

Udink
12-17-2005, 09:38 PM
And to everyone who missed the party........ we talked about you all night long..... :haha:
I knew it! :frustrated:

hesse15
12-18-2005, 11:44 AM
Fun party :friday:

The place was packed and I finally got to meet hesse :wedgie:

and i finally meet iceaxe,was cool!!!
and I am glad i had chance to talk to other girls canyoneers that seems pretty cool. :2thumbs: :guitar:
and that the tomfest in future will be same amount of girls/boys make me hope i can get in with not much problem (unless I change sex but not planning to)
food was great
beverage huge variety of wines and beers
the host as always (Jane/Roger ) wanderful and cheering :cool2:

fun movies presentation of canyons you drool for :slobber:
great slides :popcorn:
beside off course to much of iceaxe :nono: (next year if I get in more ccanyons I will do my personal cd of canyoneering in bikini shots!!)
a lot of nice crowd around
only too cold outside to walk with my dress!!!!and worried to sprang my ankle again walking on iced sidewalk with 4,5 inches of hill shoes!! :naughty:

accadacca
12-18-2005, 03:39 PM
Sounds like a good time at the party. :pitcher: :gulp: :drink: :bueller: :cheers:

(next year if I get in more ccanyons I will do my personal cd of canyoneering in bikini shots!!)
I am sure that this would bring thousands of hits to uutah.com. :slobber1: