PDA

View Full Version : New Canyon Photos

shaggy125
12-08-2005, 09:27 PM
Well, I don't have any homework so I was bored and started uploading some pics I just got from Ben (Rock_ski_cowboy) yesterday. I created a "gallery" on my photo posting site and added all the new pics, plus old pics to it. So far everything is canyoneering, but I'll add some other stuff eventually. I also wrote up a photo TR for Englestead and added it to my blog site. Here is the link to the gallery of pics only:

http://shaggy125.zoto.com/galleries
(Includes pictures from our trip in October, Ben posted a few TR's for these a while ago, the photo's from the TR's are here along with quite a few additional ones)

The Englestead TR is here:

http://utoutdoors.blogspot.com/2005/12/englestead-hollow.html

I'll add photo TR's for the October canyons sometime soon and post again when they are finished.

Eric.

P.S. There are usually more pictures in the galleries then in the photo TR's, for you photo junkies.

Sombeech
12-08-2005, 11:36 PM
Cool trip report man.

Yes, that is a long rappel for a first time.
http://shaggy125.zoto.com/img/45/60fc3855ac64f4759d9c9f9fa7f8df16-.jpg

That's a pretty cool shot.
http://shaggy125.zoto.com/img/45/f2452d8b6929e70b0dfa58e428997c3d-.jpg

Thanks for the pics.

RAM
12-09-2005, 02:15 AM
Nice pics. Couldn't help but notice the theme for Boss Hog II....the anti-old guys trip or sumthin....beta provided by.....an old guy. That's why your occasionaly nice to us, huh? And I thought it was our winning personalities

:bootyshake:

rockgremlin
12-09-2005, 09:56 AM
Wait a minute...you "old" guys are giving out beta? Geez, I've been cordial for nothin'!!

Oh well, maybe I can "collect" on Jan 1st? :five:

RAM
12-09-2005, 02:56 PM
Oh well, maybe I can "collect" on Jan 1st?

Cost ya some firewood, fire water (if no cultural/religious barriers) and the use of a strong back. HeeHee

:haha:

shaggy125
12-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Couldn't help but notice the theme for Boss Hog II....the anti-old guys trip or sumthin....beta provided by.....an old guy. That's why your occasionaly nice to us, huh? And I thought it was our winning personalities

:bootyshake:

Ha ha, come on Ram, I've seen your pictures. How old can you really be? 29? Ben went to a Tom's fest in the Swell a while ago and said he was probably the only person out of about 30 that looked under 40 years old so we decided to have our own little fest of young guys. We love the seasoned canyoneers, but every now and then we like to go out with people as young and stupid as we are. Just look at it this way: Ram - a legend, that everyone knows and everyone wants to canyoneer with :hail2thechief: . Ben and Eric - Ben posted on here inviting everyone on our trip. Who came? Me, his cousin Josh, his roommate, and his roommates brother. You are obviously the one with the winning personality

Eric.

PS Thanks to those who complimented the pictures, but I take no credit for anything from the Imlay pictures on. My camera drown in Imlay so the rest of the pictures (including Imlay) are compliments of Ben (rock_ski_coyboy), Josh, Troy, and Ryan (the latter three people are not on the forum that I know of).

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Ben (rock_ski_coyboy), Josh, Troy, and Ryan (the latter three people are not on the forum that I know of).

We'll get on it.... its not a party till everyone is here :2thumbs:

Ben went to a Tom's fest in the Swell a while ago and said he was probably the only person out of about 30 that looked under 40 years old

Yup.... Ben was the youngster at the last Swell gig.... and he made certain to make me feel old by mentioning what the medium age was...

RAM
12-10-2005, 07:03 PM
Ha ha, come on Ram, I've seen your pictures. How old can you really be? 29?

***Har, har, now I know you lie. I look every one of my 50 years and a few more to boot. What compensation I take is from wearing down the youngums

Ben went to a Tom's fest in the Swell a while ago and said he was probably the only person out of about 30 that looked under 40 years old so we decided to have our own little fest of young guys.

***I never notice age. Sometimes I will see that everyone is 1/2 me age. Other times the peers are around. It doesn't matter as long as they have the passion and the heart. And the motivation.
Glad your comin FreezeFest. Bring yer dancin shoes :rockon:

Iceaxe
12-10-2005, 09:13 PM
Before ya call anyone an "old fart" you had better read this:
http://uutah.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1288

:haha:

rock_ski_cowboy
12-12-2005, 12:22 AM
This isn't the first time I've landed in hot water for mentioning age so I think its the last time I will. I love going with people with "more life experience" than I have. In such situations I tend to take the "sit back and observe" stance since I don't know much that y'all haven't already learned and I can learn a lot more from you by listening and asking good questions than by talking. It is from such situations that I gained enough confidence to venture into more difficult and challenging territory. I am forever indebted to canyon mentors like Ram, Tom, Shane, Ryan, and others and hope to continue to share good canyon experiences with the "more experienced" as I move toward that status. (The Powell trip last year sits right up there with my GC rafting trip in my top 5 life experiences, btw Ram) On the other hand, I naturally gravitate toward the front of the group (literally. Just ask Josh or Eric) and enjoy taking an active part in the leadership, planning, and problem solving that I wouldn't be afforded in a group with those that have gone before. Its also fun to go with the crew who's definition of classic rock is Rage Against the Machine and Radiohead and who is amused as I am by Josh's incessant references to Chappelle's show and Will Farrell.

rockgremlin
12-12-2005, 12:59 AM
Its also fun to go with the crew who's definition of classic rock is Rage Against the Machine and Radiohead and who is amused as I am by Josh's incessant references to Chappelle's show and Will Farrell.

Yes, those were good times.... :2thumbs:

RAM
12-12-2005, 04:25 AM
This isn't the first time I've landed in hot water for mentioning age so I think its the last time I will.

***Just teasing. I love youngum's punka-- attitudes

I love going with people with "more life experience"

***Re; OLD

(The Powell trip last year sits right up there with my GC rafting trip in my top 5 life experiences, btw Ram)

***Wish you could have stayed beyond the 3-4 days. We spent 11 days, on the pool that time. Thanx for the help and support in knockin off Pyscho D.

On the other hand, I naturally gravitate toward the front of the group (literally. Just ask Josh or Eric) and enjoy taking an active part in the leadership, planning, and problem solving that I wouldn't be afforded in a group with those that have gone before.

***I remember you talking about that. Ultimately the best classroom is without the net. Nothing like "the doing."

Its also fun to go with the crew who's definition of classic rock is Rage Against the Machine and Radiohead and who is amused as I am by Josh's incessant references to Chappelle's show and Will Farrell.

***Ahhh, the giants!!! :cool2:

tanya
10-29-2006, 06:59 PM
***I never notice age. Sometimes I will see that everyone is 1/2 me age. Other times the peers are around. It doesn't matter as long as they have the passion and the heart. And the motivation.
:rockon:

Hi Ram - Welcome home from another trip.

~smile~ :nod: