PDA

View Full Version : Lets GO Red Wings!

BTTAndy
12-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Hey,
I did not notice any topics even with the mention of Hockey. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I am a huge Wings fan. Almost as much as my wife. She keeps me informed when I need to know.
They say Stevie Yzerman may retire soon instead of finish the season.
I hope not but he must be in a lot of pain.
Any other Hockey fans on this board?

LJ
01-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Hey BTTAndy -

Missed this post before or I would have responded sooner. Love the WINGS! Went to my first game while still in diapers and had season tickets until I moved out here back in the late 90's. Did get to see them win the cup in Detroit before I left. Still get chills thinking about it! Hate - absolutely hate - to see Stevie Y leave. sigh......... Glad to have another fan around!

GO WINGS!

LJ

BTTAndy
01-11-2006, 04:04 PM
LJ,
The Wings are using Stevie Ysely. Get it? They give him about 10 or 12 minutes a game and he still manages to score a goal and make good of his icetime. He is invaluable on the bench and in the locker room.
The guy we are really excited about is Henrik Zetterburg. Him and Datsyuk are a great combo. They usually put them with Shanahan or Draper. Speaking of Drapes; he has been my favorite Wing for a long time. He just keeps getting better and better.
I was out at the RiverRock Party when the Wings won the Cup the first time and we partied in the streets for hours after that. we watched the game on a 30 inch TV another guy had in his van. We were running in the streets high fiven' all the motorists. It was all we could do short of take all our clothes off. AAAHHH the memories.
I think the league made the right adjustments to make it more competitive for the smaller market teams. The only thing I don't like is playing the Colombus Blue Jackets every other week. Keep the hockey talk going eh? Don Cherry RULES!