PDA

View Full Version : Newby

RAM
12-08-2005, 06:21 AM
Thank you for the invite.
I am new to adventure sports, so I'm gonna just sit back and watch and see if I can learn anything
R :popcorn:

accadacca
12-08-2005, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the site RAM! I have heard about you from other members here. :hail2thechief:

Iceaxe
12-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Hmmm.... I get the feeling this might be a different RAM. Where you from?

jumar
12-08-2005, 10:31 AM
The RAM I've heard about is anything but new to adventure sports...

RAM
12-08-2005, 11:38 AM
Hmmm.... I get the feeling this might be a different RAM. Where you from?

I thought this Shane guy could tell anyone from Colorado a mile away. Must be another Shane? Must have been another Shane who invited me over.

Well not exactly a newby to mountaineering and canyoning, but surely new or almost new to all the rest of the stuff. That makes me a fanboi, is it, I think?
Checkin in and checkin out the attitude. Heard tell someone was gonna throw out some beta. I'm outta places to go right now :naughty:

Iceaxe
12-08-2005, 12:13 PM
Well not exactly a newby to mountaineering and canyoning, but surely new or almost new to all the rest of the stuff.

AAAhhhhh.... You just tricked me with the "new" to adventure sport tag.... yeah right, and I'm kind of a virgin...

:2thumbs: Welcome :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
12-08-2005, 04:53 PM
Welcome to uutah RAM, I was wondering if you would EVER make it over here.

So, what's on this year's FREEZEFEST agenda? Is the Black Hole still too hardcore with all of the logjams?

Sombeech
12-08-2005, 07:08 PM
Welcome to the site, RAM!

RAM
12-09-2005, 02:32 AM
So, what's on this year's FREEZEFEST agenda? Is the Black Hole still too hardcore with all of the logjams?

Nah. I took a 10 year old girl (me daughter, or so I am told) in March. She loved it. January 1st, if conditions allow (flow is a BIG potential show stopper), will be the 4th annual New Year's Day foray.
You just got to be smart. One person at a time on jams or any log in general. Stay low, when not insane and be careful digging out any jams. That said, each flood and this place gets a lot of them, can change the game. The pics from Ben (Hi guy!) show the first jam shrinking and the trip report I read, describes what I have encounterd in the last 3 years. The place appears to be slowly clearing out. Should have seen it Jan 1 of 2003. So PROBABLY OK!

FreezeFest will run 9 days. Me 15 year old son, Aaron will be on board.
Coooool stuff
:cool2: