PDA

View Full Version : How Did We Not Make This List?

rockgremlin
12-07-2005, 10:01 AM
A recent article about the record low temperatures in the U.S.:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_on_re_us/cold_weather

I thought Randolph, Utah would show up in the article since it is always breaking cold temperature records. The forecast for Randolph right now is a HIGH of 10, and overnight lows in the negative teens.

It's 16 degrees F right now in SLC.

I thought the current global temperature trend was in the WARMING direction? :ne_nau:

DickHead
12-07-2005, 04:40 PM
A recent article about the record low temperatures in the U.S.:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051207/ap_on_re_us/cold_weather

I thought Randolph, Utah would show up in the article since it is always breaking cold temperature records. The forecast for Randolph right now is a HIGH of 10, and overnight lows in the negative teens.

It's 16 degrees F right now in SLC.

I thought the current global temperature trend was in the WARMING direction? :ne_nau:

The same scientists that proclaim global warming will say its some sort of weird side effect that we get colder winters in some locations.

I'm not a believer in Global Warming. Are we polluting the earth and atmosphere? Sure. Does that need to be put into check? Absolutely. But I just don't think we're changing the weather on a 4.57 billion year old planet, where weather trends are measured in Hundreds of thousands of years.

rockgremlin
12-07-2005, 07:46 PM
The same scientists that proclaim global warming will say its some sort of weird side effect that we get colder winters in some locations.

I'm not a believer in Global Warming. Are we polluting the earth and atmosphere? Sure. Does that need to be put into check? Absolutely. But I just don't think we're changing the weather on a 4.57 billion year old planet, where weather trends are measured in Hundreds of thousands of years.

Ya, I agree. I think we give ourselves waaaay too much credit. The weather on this planet has always run in cycles -- even when there was no man to pollute and destroy.

I just don't get the logic: Record cold temperatures occur because of global warming? :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: I think that's called.....RATIONALIZATION.

Shan
12-08-2005, 08:35 AM
I don't have a stand on global warming yet. I have heard both sides of the argument during my college years, since I have an environmental mgmt. degree. But it is true the earth is on cyclical weather paterns that span thousands of years.

Are we polluting the earth and atmosphere? Sure. Does that need to be put into check? Absolutely.

I totally agree with this, whether global warming is true or not.

I just don't get the logic: Record cold temperatures occur because of global warming?

I'm sure the scientist who are supporting the GW theory aren't pulling facts out of their arse. They might say something like "global" warming does not mean what's just happening in the US of A. It's the world on average.

James_B_Wads2000
12-08-2005, 12:25 PM
But I just don't think we're changing the weather on a 4.57 billion year old planet, where weather trends are measured in Hundreds of thousands of years.

I don't know what planet you live on. The planet I currently live on is only 5500 years old, that's been PROVEN. You probably think we come from apes too? :crazycobasa:

Don't waste your time thinking about the environment, G_O_D will take care of it.

James

jumar
12-08-2005, 12:57 PM
What proof is there the earth is that old? :ne_nau:

I agree, but haven't seen much proof of it.

DickHead
12-08-2005, 03:31 PM
What proof is there the earth is that old? :ne_nau:

I agree, but haven't seen much proof of it.

Carbon dating.

Iceaxe
12-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Carbon dating.

I think I went out with her sister once :haha:

greyhair biker
12-12-2005, 04:47 AM
COLD??! I just got off graves and out at the mine site it was -17 ! It's days like that that make me glad I work underground in the winter...75 -85 degrees in the working face and warmer around mining equipment! T-shirt weather!

DaveOU812
12-12-2005, 11:19 AM
Ok, I feel awful. I've been sitting here in Iraq freezing my arse off. It's about 45 degrees. :roflol: I've been through the graveyards when it's -15 though and I know how ya feel. Used to go from 200 degree steam to -15 in 10 seconds. Tell me that doesn't take your breath away.

DickHead
12-12-2005, 01:45 PM
Ok, I feel awful. I've been sitting here in Iraq freezing my arse off. It's about 45 degrees. :roflol: I've been through the graveyards when it's -15 though and I know how ya feel. Used to go from 200 degree steam to -15 in 10 seconds. Tell me that doesn't take your breath away.

And you've got all the fine, high quality milspec stuff to keep you warm!

:roflol: