PDA

View Full Version : Hi all.

AJ
12-06-2005, 09:26 PM
Just joined the site; looks pretty cool.

I've been out and about in the outdoors for a while, so I'm sure some of us have already crossed paths.

I've been into pretty much everything outdoors at one point or another. Mountaineering, climbing (ice/rock), canyoneering, skydiving, adventure racing, snowboarding, scuba diving, off-roading, surfing, kayaking, biking (road/mtn), etc.

Some of the highlights:
- Mountaineering - over 500 significant peaks (First ascents in Peru; Kili, 10 x Rainier, 7 x Hood, Chimbo, CA Sierras, many CO 14'ers, etc.) 21 14'er snowboard descents, 92 14'ers climbed (42 different, many repeats)
- Kayaking - WW Calgary, WW West Virginia, Sea Michigan, Sea Florida, etc.
- Canyoneering - over 100 technical canyons so far. Much of the Roost, some CO, Australia, Europe, etc.
- Adventure Racing - more than 15 races of 24+ hours. Several of the big expedition races (7-10 days); Raid The North Extreme, etc.
- 5 trips of 4+ months in the backcountry.
- Over 70 different countries visited, many repeats.
- Blah blah blah.

I'm stopping there as it started sounding a little like boasting; but it's not meant to be. I just love to be in the outdoors; and love to share the experiences with others. Have taught many classes: Backpacking, Winter Backpacking, Climbing, Kayaking, Survival, Winter Survival, etc for small outdoor organizations. Looking forward to meeting you somewhere in the outdoors soon...

Update 3/9/08: If anyone is interested in more info, I recently made some changes and updated my website. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's www.adventure-geek.com. I finally got around to going through many of my photos and creating an outdoor resume (I know I missed plenty of stuff, but it's a start...); as well as updating my Past Trips page to not only be recent but also have added trip reports with links to pics (more trips will be added this upcoming week... )

Sombeech
12-06-2005, 09:29 PM
Whoa! Nice intro! :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief: :hail2thechief:

Welcome, man. We look forward to seeing some trip reports from you.

shaggy125
12-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Go ahead, boast we all do it. I think you would humble a lot of us (myself included), that's quite the resume. Nice pics and nice intro, welcome.

accadacca
12-06-2005, 09:56 PM
Yeah, nice resume AJ. Good to have an expert on the site. :hail2thechief:

Have you hiked King Peak?

nitmik
12-07-2005, 08:08 AM
Nice pictures! welcome to the site

Iceaxe
12-07-2005, 08:45 AM
Sweet pics.... :2thumbs:

rockgremlin
12-07-2005, 09:46 AM
That's nothin'!!! You shoulda seen what I had to do to get outta my driveway this morning. :haha: J/K

Welcome to the site! Awesome outdoor resume. Boast all you want -- that's what this forum is for!

nitmik
12-07-2005, 09:53 AM
That's nothin'!!! You shoulda seen what I had to do to get outta my driveway this morning. :haha: J/K

Welcome to the site! Awesome outdoor resume. Boast all you want -- that's what this forum is for!

You should have been with me on my crawl home last night

AJ
03-09-2008, 11:47 PM
Hey all,

First off, thanks for the warm welcomes. The site has been fun. Lots of good info, and good folks. Have had the pleasure to meet Rock, CarpeyBiggs and a few others on trips; and hope to meet more on upcoming trips.

Accadacca, I'm assuming you mean King Peak in the Yukon? If so, no I haven't. I've seen it; and it looks really cool though. Wanna set up a trip? :mwink:

I know I already had my 30 seconds in the limelight, so ignore the rest of the message if you please. However, if anyone is interested in more info, I recently made some changes and updated my website. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's www.adventure-geek.com. I finally got around to going through many of my photos and creating an outdoor resume (I know I missed plenty of stuff, but it's a start...); as well as updating my Past Trips page to not only be recent but also have added trip reports with links to pics (more trips will be added this upcoming week... )

Comments, criticisms, etc are welcome.

DirkHammergate
03-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Who are you?

JP
03-10-2008, 06:46 AM
Howdy & Welcome :wavey:

Sombeech
03-10-2008, 07:15 AM

Who are you?

Exactly, where'd you go?

AJ
03-10-2008, 07:58 AM
Dirk, all you have to do is go to the website link I gave in the post, and you would have more information than you ever wanted to know about me...

JP, thanks for the welcome, and thanks again for your info with the Grand Cherokee axle. It's still in my to do pile (I have a Commander leased, so no hurry...)

Beech, just look at my "Past Trips" page, and you can see where I've gone; with trip reports and pictures! :haha:

I've been around. Been posting on other forums and such. Seems this one is really just to introduce, and then to move on to posting in the other forums....

Later,
A.J.

DirkHammergate
03-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Dirk, all you have to do is go to the website link I gave in the post, and you would have more information than you ever wanted to know about me...

Later,
A.J.

I was asking Nits, its an inside joke besides you are a dude, I'm not interested in you.

tanya
03-11-2008, 08:58 AM
Just joined the site; looks pretty cool.

I've been out and about in the outdoors for a while, so I'm sure some of us have already crossed paths.

I've been into pretty much everything outdoors at one point or another. Mountaineering, climbing (ice/rock), canyoneering, skydiving, adventure racing, snowboarding, scuba diving, off-roading, surfing, kayaking, biking (road/mtn), etc.

Some of the highlights:
- Mountaineering - over 500 significant peaks (First ascents in Peru; Kili, 10 x Rainier, 7 x Hood, Chimbo, CA Sierras, many CO 14'ers, etc.) 21 14'er snowboard descents, 92 14'ers climbed (42 different, many repeats)
- Kayaking - WW Calgary, WW West Virginia, Sea Michigan, Sea Florida, etc.
- Canyoneering - over 100 technical canyons so far. Much of the Roost, some CO, Australia, Europe, etc.
- Adventure Racing - more than 15 races of 24+ hours. Several of the big expedition races (7-10 days); Raid The North Extreme, etc.
- 5 trips of 4+ months in the backcountry.
- Over 70 different countries visited, many repeats.
- Blah blah blah.

I'm stopping there as it started sounding a little like boasting; but it's not meant to be. I just love to be in the outdoors; and love to share the experiences with others. Have taught many classes: Backpacking, Winter Backpacking, Climbing, Kayaking, Survival, Winter Survival, etc for small outdoor organizations. Looking forward to meeting you somewhere in the outdoors soon...

Update 3/9/08: If anyone is interested in more info, I recently made some changes and updated my website. If anyone is interested in checking it out, it's www.adventure-geek.com. I finally got around to going through many of my photos and creating an outdoor resume (I know I missed plenty of stuff, but it's a start...); as well as updating my Past Trips page to not only be recent but also have added trip reports with links to pics (more trips will be added this upcoming week... )

Wow! You are talented... clicking on that website! :popcorn:

Kayaking - one of the funnest days I had was kayaking! I want to do more of this and all kinds of boating! Have you seen the boating section of Bogley?

AJ
03-11-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow! You are talented... clicking on that website! :popcorn:

Kayaking - one of the funnest days I had was kayaking! I want to do more of this and all kinds of boating! Have you seen the boating section of Bogley?

Thanks for the compliment. I'm assuming you mean the outdoor stuff; as the website design isn't anything to brag about. Needs a complete overhaul; but I'd much rather be outside playing.

Kayaking is a blast! Since I've moved to Colorado, I've been tempted on many occasions to get back into it. Always too much fun stuff to do, and not enough time to do it...

Take care,
A.J.

DiscGo
03-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Wow. Way to demand respect! Very impressive. Welcome to the site.

AJ
03-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Wow. Way to demand respect! Very impressive. Welcome to the site.

Definitely not demanding anything. Would much rather just go outdoors as friends. Thanks for the welcome.

Take care,
A.J.

accadacca
03-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey AJ, How about you return the link favor and place a link to bogley on your site. :cheers: Read more: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10250

AJ
04-02-2008, 10:46 AM
Hey AJ, How about you return the link favor and place a link to bogley on your site. :cheers: Read more: http://www.bogley.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10250

Already have at least one link out there; maybe more. Also have a second round of updates in the works that will definitely call for another link in a more appropriate place... Stay tuned.