PDA

View Full Version : Jeep Liberty performance review

Sombeech
12-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I'm a Jeep fan, but what the...

Jeep Liberty overworked (http://uutah.com/forum/download.php?id=2857)

DickHead
12-06-2005, 06:48 AM
Not surprised. The Liberty wasn't designed to offroad, its to keep up with the SUV's-that-never-leave-pavement craze.

James_B_Wads2000
12-06-2005, 07:48 AM
Looks like that footage could be staged.

James

nitmik
12-06-2005, 07:56 AM
I like that new commander they have out, I love that box design, I thought the liberty was cool looking the first time I saw it, of course that was the first time

tallsteve
12-06-2005, 12:16 PM
As a Liberty owner I would honestly say it's been a great ride. I've had mine for two years now. I would agree that it's not made for aggressive off-roading but the four wheel drive system is quite capable. I've been in some pretty knarly stuff down around Powell Point. I got rid of the Wrangler pieces of crap tires and put Bridgestone Dueller Revo's on it and that made a huge difference as far as where I can go. When I want to get into the really hairy stuff I go with my buddy that has an old Toyota Landcruiser, lifted with huge tires and a Chevy V8 in it. That thing will go anywhere!

greyhair biker
02-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Sorry, I don't get the Liberty...I have a 97 Cherokee Sport & will take it just about anywhere, even though it needs a lift & a rear locker. I still don't like the gear range...would love for it to be lots lower ike my Dodge Ram 150 short bed with a 4" lift...now THAT will go just about anywhere. I love my Jeep but there is always room for improvement :haha: