PDA

View Full Version : SS club members

derstuka
12-05-2005, 11:50 AM
I asked this question awhile back, but, I figured that I would ask again anyways to see if any new members have joined the "SS Club." Anymore single-speeders out there? If so, what are you running? I just upgraded my hubs, and fork. Paul single-speed hubs, and a Marzocchi QR20 fork (ebay). I will tell you, it is an addiction for me. At first I hated it, then it became more of a challenge, and it makes the same trails that you run over and over again, more challenging, and sometimes more interesting. I will never give up my FS bike for the rocky stuff, but single-speeding sure is addicting to me...

Sombeech
12-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry, not I (yet). I ran into somebody on Ogden's BST with a single speed. I think they were doing better than me! (not hard to do)

He mentioned he walked in a couple of places, but just imagine less hassle of shifting.

I would be very interested on some relatively easier trails like J.E.M. in st george area.

derstuka
12-06-2005, 05:41 AM
Sorry, not I (yet). I ran into somebody on Ogden's BST with a single speed. I think they were doing better than me! (not hard to do)

He mentioned he walked in a couple of places, but just imagine less hassle of shifting.

I would be very interested on some relatively easier trails like J.E.M. in st george area.

Yeah, single-speeding is not really good for "every" trail, and I will still use my FS bike for the rockier ones. People that we ride with are usually surprised that how much we are able to ride up, and around on our SS...and we are usually out front. It takes time though, as mentioned before, I kinda hated the hills at first, but now they are just a challenge.

You should give it a shot sometime. It is great for training, and making you into a better rider, by making you suffer with only one gear, therefore, not needing to shift as much on your geared bike.