PDA

View Full Version : How to Girth Hitch a Figure 8

Iceaxe
12-04-2005, 05:59 PM
How to Girth Hitch a Figure 8
Technical Crap

Several months ago in the San Rafael Swell someone asked me to explain how you "girth hitch" a Figure 8. The topic was discussed a while back on the Canyoneer eGroup but the feller didn't understand. I began to explain and soon had a small gathering watching the demo, it seems a lot of folks didn't understand. I guess some folks have a hard time visualizing a crappy written explanation :haha:

Anyhow, I put together this series of photos to help everyone understand what was being discussed.

Rodeo Start - slang term for a very difficult start. Usually caused when the rappel anchor is located underneath the chokestone you are currently standing on top of, which in turn is perched on the lip of a huge chasm. Some folks might refer to a rodeo start as the "monkey humping the football" start :haha:

price1869
12-07-2005, 06:38 PM
Nice tip shane. Looks like your William is getting a little wear.

accadacca
12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
Damn price! That's a nice HeMan climbing shot. :lol8:

http://www.comicsreporter.com/images/uploads/HeMan.jpg

Where the hell is skeletor? :haha:

Iceaxe
12-08-2005, 07:13 AM
Looks like your William is getting a little wear.

Yeah.... it might have been down a canyon or two :bootyshake:

HeMan..... :roflol: I think he meant heehaw..... :five:

accadacca
12-08-2005, 07:33 AM
HeMan..... :roflol: I think he meant heehaw..... :five:
NICE!!! :lol8:

Iceaxe
12-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Since we are being all techie this week.... I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Scott Card
12-15-2006, 04:36 PM
And a good thread it is. Techie is good this time of year. It is winter and I'm just sitting here at my office dreaming of summer in the canyons. Time to call it a day.