PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

derstuka
11-25-2005, 07:06 AM
Anybody gonna brave the crowds today and go shopping? I just saw some footage from a Wal-Mart in Orlando, Florida, where it looked like a virtual mob scene. Fights :frustrated: , pushing/shoving, grabbing boxes out of people's hands. Wow, glad people remember what the holidays are all about...and I was worried that society was getting too selfish... :ne_nau:

Ahhhhh...no thank you...I'll pass!

rockgremlin
11-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Dude...let me tell you what the day after Thanksgiving is all about: Sleeping In!!!

accadacca
11-25-2005, 09:01 AM
I stay as far away from the stores as possible. Usually they have the cheap fisher price brand DVD player. Everybody rushes the doors like they are getting the keys to a new corvette. :roll:

Then they have a few other deals. I think the savings per item are between $10-$20, so I'll just pay the extra another day. Screw it man! :nono:
I am listening to a compilation of ZZ Top, getting ready to head out and put up the Christmas lights. :popcorn:

rockgremlin
11-25-2005, 09:10 AM
...getting ready to head out and put up the Christmas lights. :popcorn:

You people make me vomit. :frustrated: At least wait till December to force feed me Christmas! Please tell me it was your wife's idea... :nod:

accadacca
11-25-2005, 01:44 PM
Please tell me it was your wife's idea... :nod
The reason I am putting them up today is because it is supposed to snow tomorrow. If I don't put them up soon, then they wont go up at all. :ne_nau: My roof has some steep pitches and TRUST me you don't want to be up there with snow and ice. I tried that last year. :nono:

rockgremlin
11-25-2005, 03:50 PM
Well, OK. Just don't turn em on till December. :2thumbs:

Glockguy
11-26-2005, 12:15 AM
Yep. Got a new fridge at RC Willy reg 2000 on sale for 1100. Also got a 42" plasma for 1499 reg- 2250. They then gave you a chance to buy a portable dvd player and Polar Express for 60. Not a bad days worth.

accadacca
12-14-2005, 01:35 PM
I took my wife to a major store on Saturday. Let me tell you it is getting hostile out there. I was just the chauffeur and I took my son to get him down for a nap. I parked in the back of the parking lot, while she braved the insanity. I saw a half dozen near crashes. Several people were holding up fingers at each other. Then to top it off one couple started dropping F bombs as they argued about a toaster. :roll: Then today I just saw someone during lunch get pissed off and drive erratically over a parking spot in a shopping area.

Merry Christmas everyone!!! :ne_nau: I really like the holidays, I just don't like what it brings. Its a freakin' JOKE!!! :frustrated:

Anyone else had experiences like this??

Iceaxe
12-14-2005, 01:41 PM
When I go Christmas shopping I wear my underwear and robe.... usually do my shopin' while drinkin' a beer and eating a hero sandwich....

.... I shop on-line..... :user:

:blbl:

accadacca
12-14-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, I do a lot of shopping online as well. Probably the majority. I am trying to get the wife trained. I did get her to buy some toys for our son on ebay. The only thing you have to park when you shop online is your ass. :lol8:

Anybody get their groceries online? A friend at work was telling me that he gets his groceries from Alberstons online. They deliver them to his kitchen table. Has anyone tried this? Might be worth a shot for me. I think he said is costs $20 for the delivery. Not bad. :nod:

Iceaxe
12-14-2005, 09:20 PM
I am trying to get the wife trained.

Feel free to send her over to the Iceaxe school of wife training :naughty: