PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Shootout

Sombeech
11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
This is a family tradition we do every thanksgiving morning. We get all the extended family together (@60 able-bodied people), and go down to our property in West Weber.

It's the usual shootout, with clay pigeons, 12 and 20 gauges, and candy for prizes. We'll do "Annie Oakley" style competitions.

I'll manage to bring my tater gun down there to for some firin' off. I've hit a clay pigeon once with it.

Does anybody else do this, or another Thanksgiving tradition?

shlingdawg
11-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Every year, for as long as I can remember, we get a HUGE group of people the day after Thanksgiving and go rabbit hunting.

Sombeech
11-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Every year, for as long as I can remember, we get a HUGE group of people the day after Thanksgiving and go rabbit hunting.

That would be fun. Out to Montello?

price1869
11-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Usually thanksgiving, as well as every other holiday, consists of family fights. :frustrated: :angryfire: :duel: :evil:

Shouldn't this be in the General forum?

Sombeech
11-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Shouldn't this be in the General forum?

Well, it has good intentions about shootin', and some people go on "real" turkey shoots around thanksgiving. I was wondering if anybody was the real deal.

I see your point though.

Goshawk
11-21-2005, 07:53 PM
My dad and I always make it a point to go goose hunting together Thanksgiving morning.

accadacca
11-21-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah, nothing like shooting up some innocent bunnies around the holidays to bring the family closer..... :lol8:

I like to use the "leave no trace" rule. Its called a 12 gage shotgun. :assault: :twisted:

shlingdawg
11-22-2005, 06:31 AM
I like to use the "leave no trace" rule. Its called a 12 gage shotgun. :assault: :twisted:

30-30 for me. 30-06 for my brother. 223 for a friend.

I fully endorse supporting the Coyote population. :2thumbs: Fatten 'em up so I can shoot them next month. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Sombeech
11-24-2005, 08:45 PM
Family tradition time. We went out to "grandma's" corn pit to do some clay pigeon shooting, Annie Oakley style.

Afterwards, we had some deep fried turkey for dinner. Yum.

http://uutah.com/forum/files/img_0846.jpg

Pics and video below...

accadacca
11-24-2005, 09:44 PM
NICE!!! Some good ole Ogden folk shootin' up some pigeons down by the river. :haha:
The potato gun is the BEST!!!!! :popcorn:

Sombeech
11-26-2005, 10:24 AM
The potato gun is the BEST!!!!!

Yeah, my sixth edition. It's up for grabs for $25 bucks if anybody's interested.

I actually ran out of potatoes, so I started stabbing it into pumpkins and shooting them. If you notice the far fence in the pics, it was shooting over that, further than any of the shotguns.

ChiefAutoParts
12-01-2005, 06:35 PM
That sounds fun. That deep-fried turkey looks great. They are absolutely delicious!

Sombeech
12-01-2005, 06:44 PM
That sounds fun. That deep-fried turkey looks great. They are absolutely delicious!

True dat, true dat. Waz up chief? How you doin? When are you going to play some Halo with us?