PDA

View Full Version : Name my dog!!!

Iceaxe
11-09-2005, 09:08 PM
OK.... I just bought the family a new coonhound tonight and I need a good name for him.... any suggestions?

:ne_nau:

Yeah, I know.... some of you hillbillies probably think this is anther joke about a redneck with a coonhound..... Its true, I might be a redneck who now owns a coonhound.... but its not a joke and I still need a good dog name......

So far the kids were calling the dog "Scout" but I told the kids he was just a coonhound and not a gay coonhound.... and vetoed the name Scout....

Next I was calling him "Tracker"..... which I thought was an awesome name (pizza awesome, not the other kinda awesome) for a coonhound.... but the wife thought I was calling him "Cracker".... which is probably NOT the best name for a coonhound.........

Anyhoo..... still need a good name for a coonhound.....

:popcorn:

Sombeech
11-09-2005, 09:19 PM
ol' blue

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 11:16 PM
copper, shadow, snoop, bandit, ranger, sniper, rover, snuff

Windwalker
11-10-2005, 02:55 AM
We're a Black Lab family, the kids can not remember a day that we didn't have one.

Let's see, there was:
"Suzy Q"
"Big Dan and Little Ann"
"Generic""
"No Name"
and now there's "SABRINA the teenage Bitch."
Who is still recovering from a encounter with a porcupine six weeks ago.

DickHead
11-10-2005, 06:41 AM
Devil Dog.
Sorry, today's the Marine Corps Birthday, so I'm in that kinda mood.
:twisted:

fourtycal
11-10-2005, 07:06 AM
I just went through the same thing with my new coonhound. My daughter wanted to call it princess! the comprimise ended with Bell, but after a couple of months her nicname is "stupid" and it fits.
past dogs, Dooger, Bitch, Damnit, Red, and Copper(as in the fox and the hound).

DickHead
11-10-2005, 08:09 AM
We've always let the dog pick out a name. Lacy was eating shoelaces as soon as we brought her home (6 weeks old). Crickett, whom we've passed along to another home, was named so because she jumped rather than run when we brought her home from a petstore (6 month old Border Collie).
We still have Lacy, she's 9 now, Springer/Lab mix but resembles a Brittney.... :ne_nau:

derstuka
11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
OK.... I just bought the family a new coonhound tonight and I need a good name for him.... any suggestions?

:ne_nau:

Yeah, I know.... some of you hillbillies probably think this is anther joke about a redneck with a coonhound..... Its true, I might be a redneck who now owns a coonhound.... but its not a joke and I still need a good dog name......

So far the kids were calling the dog "Scout" but I told the kids he was just a coonhound and not a gay coonhound.... and vetoed the name Scout....

Next I was calling him "Tracker"..... which I thought was an awesome name (pizza awesome, not the other kinda awesome) for a coonhound.... but the wife thought I was calling him "Cracker".... which is probably NOT the best name for a coonhound.........

Anyhoo..... still need a good name for a coonhound.....

How about "Flash?" Like Roscoe's pooch on "The Dukes of Hazzard."

price1869
11-10-2005, 08:43 AM
How about,

Sombeech,
or price, or accadacca, or shaggy, or Not mindbender, or make up your own damn name.

I asked a kid named mike to come up with a name for one of my ferrets, and since he didn't come up with anything i liked, my ferret's name is now mike.

I was going to name him Triple 7, after some minig trucks that I used to sell, but that didn't really fit, maybe it will work for your dog.

Price

rockgremlin
11-10-2005, 08:53 AM
I like the Not Mindbender idea. Or you could name him "Not Rover" or "Not Ol' Blue" or "Not Buster" :roflol:

nitmik
11-10-2005, 08:56 AM
I always wanted to find the ugliest dog in the world and give it my ex-wifes name, but I thought the kids would not find that too funny :ne_nau:

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 10:56 AM
I really like "Sniper" my last dogs name was "Ambush".....

:ne_nau: How about "Not-Dog"

.... we also called him DeeOhGee (D-O-G) for a while and "Sarge".

Can't name him Sombeech, or price, or accadacca, or shaggy.... this dog is much too smart for one of those names. :roflol:

Black Mage
11-10-2005, 02:25 PM
How about Hemingway? Or Hudson? I figure even animals whould like a dignified name every once in a while.

accadacca
11-10-2005, 02:44 PM
I always wanted to find the ugliest dog in the world and give it my ex-wifes name, but I thought the kids would not find that too funny :ne_nau:
:lol8:

accadacca
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Can't name him Sombeech, or price, or accadacca, or shaggy.... this dog is much too smart for one of those names. :roflol:

:fakelaugh:

price1869
11-10-2005, 02:56 PM
perhaps a picture would help???

for instance, this is Mike, my ferret.

http://static.flickr.com/14/19191627_2be67b8db2.jpg

Iceaxe
11-10-2005, 04:33 PM
How about Hemingway? Or Hudson? I figure even animals whould like a dignified name every once in a while.

:roflol: What color is the sky in your world??? :roflol:

Actually "Achilles" is under consideration..... I'll try and get a pic of the mutt up tomarrow.

My last dog went through a couple names the first two weeks until we found one that fit.

So far I enjoy the suggestions.... it gives me ideas...

:2thumbs:

Shan
11-11-2005, 02:54 PM
I need a photo to place a name!

Where did you buy your hound?

icthys
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
It sounds like there are a few that have hounds. I've considered getting one but have always thought I couldn't handle a lot of barking and howling. How bad is it really? What other traits do your hounds have that you didn't like? What did you like about the dog?

How about Hershall

DickHead
11-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Our girl, we've had her for almost 10 years, bit my son in the face yesterday. Drew blood. I think we're going to have to have her put down. Obviously I'm not very happy about that.

Shan
11-13-2005, 10:14 AM
Oh no Jamis Jockey! What happened? Was he rough-housing, laying on her, or was your son completely innocent and minding his own business?

Tell me about your dog.
Has your dog ever bitten before?
Is she usually a nice mellow family dog?
Is this incident out of the outdinary, shocking?
Is she kept indoors or outdoors?
Has he had a vet checkup/bloodwork done recently?

DickHead
11-13-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh no Jamis Jockey! What happened? Was he rough-housing, laying on her, or was your son completely innocent and minding his own business?

Roughhousing. She's nipped his hands before, but this is the second face biting. The first one did leave a mark, but no blood. This time it left a mark and drew blood.

Tell me about your dog.
Has your dog ever bitten before?
No, but she's snarled and nipped at other children.

Is she usually a nice mellow family dog?
Usually. She's had a very hard adjustment to having a toddler in the home. We've been desperately trying to train both of them to be nice to each other, its not working. Keeping them seperate is extemely difficult.

Is this incident out of the outdinary, shocking?
To an extent. She's always been a very outspoken (only word I can think of) dog. Barks alot at strangers. Not very friendly with other dogs.
And for the last year or so she's gotten to be a little belligerent. Refuses to listen to commands sometimes.

Is she kept indoors or outdoors?
Indoors. Always has been. Always has been allowed to roam freely unless needed to be confined for specific reasons. Kennel trained, but doesn't appreciate being kept in her kennel very long.

Has he had a vet checkup/bloodwork done recently?
Checkup, no blood work. She's now on doggy anti-depressants but they don't seem to be helping any.

DaveOU812
11-13-2005, 11:06 PM
I like the name Satan. :twisted: Not really good for a coon dog but I think it would freak people out just the same.

price1869
11-13-2005, 11:33 PM
Good night, Shane!

Camera . . . PHOTO . . . name. :frustrated: (<--- I really like this little orange bastard. He's my favorite one.)

Lets see a pic, if you don't want to send us one of your dog, post one of your wife, or your kids, and we'll name them. :mrgreen:

shlingdawg
11-14-2005, 07:18 AM
1. Boner
2. Zeus
3. Dude

Shan
11-14-2005, 09:21 AM
Jamis Jockey I PM'd you.

Iceaxe
11-14-2005, 01:03 PM
Lets see a pic, if you don't want to send us one of your dog, post one of your wife, or your kids, and we'll name them. :mrgreen:

I'm still working on posting a picture of the dog..... problem is I'm a real lazy ass.... The dog still does not have a name....

I was going to post a picture of my hot young stripper wife but I can't find any where she has all her clothes on.... and this being a family group and all.....

James_B_Wads2000
11-14-2005, 02:15 PM
I was going to post a picture of my hot young stripper wife but I can't find any where she has all her clothes on.... and this being a family group and all.....

Your so full of sh*t Shane, but we all love you anyways. :bash:

James

Shan
11-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Shane,

Is the dog neutered?

Iceaxe
11-14-2005, 04:37 PM
Your so full of sh*t Shane

This is a pic of my hot young stripper wife for James......

Iceaxe
11-14-2005, 04:39 PM
And here is a picture of the dog with no name....

Hasn't been neutered yet.... but probably will....

DickHead
11-14-2005, 06:17 PM
:twisted:

Shan
11-14-2005, 07:45 PM
He is a cutie! Good lay down! Shane, I strongly suggest you get the pup neutered. It's the right thing to do!

Have you heard of the Bix Fix Tour? It's a low cost spay/neuter mobile that travels Utah and arrives at your local PetSmart. It is organized by No More Homeless Pets in Utah program. Go to this link and see when it will be by you next. You can get vaccines for cheap and microchipping is only $20!

www.utahpets.org/bigfix.html

And some reading for your evening:

"Why You Should Spay or Neuter Your Pet"
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/why_you_should_spay_or_neuter_your_pet.html

"Myths and Facts about Spaying and Neutering"
http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/myths_and_facts_about_spaying_and_neutering.html

I think he looks like a Bogart, Travis, Huck, or Tracker.

price1869
11-14-2005, 11:47 PM
And here is a picture of the dog with no name....

Hasn't been neutered yet.... but probably will....

Then you can call him Dog with no Balls. :roflol:

Hows about . . . hmm . . . let me think some more.

Iceaxe
11-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Then you can call him Dog with no Balls.

Dog with no Balls.... Isn't that how you say "Price" in Navajo????

:roflol: :five: :popcorn: :lol8:

nitmik
11-15-2005, 07:47 AM
That's a cut puppy, makes me want to go and get one, I really want a british bulldog, but I can't justify paying that much money

Shan
11-15-2005, 09:38 AM
Then you can call him Dog with no Balls

Are you making fun of neutering in general?

I really want a british bulldog, but I can't justify paying that much money

I certainly wouldn't justify paying for a dog from a breeder either. Any dog for that fact. Why would anyone do this when there are millions of healthy adoptable pets being put to sleep each year because they can't find homes? I certainly wouldn't want to add to the pet over population problem by going with a breeder, I'd go with one that's alreay born and homeless.

If you are interested nitmik, here are two contacts for a Bulldog Rescue in Utah.

Shar Kynaston 801-546-0265 Kaysville UTSHAR@VII.com

Laurie Stewart 801-969-8935 Kearns lauripat@aol.com

http://www.rescuebulldogs.org/rescueroster/rescueroster.htm#utah

Or if you're up for a little road trip look at this gentleman:

http://www.petfinder.com/fotos/NV76/NV76.5310561-1-pn.jpg

Las Vegas Wrinkle Rescue
Las Vegas, NV
702-768-6048
Jennifer_Olden@yahoo.com

No this is NOT an English or American Bulldog but unfortunately Petfinder does not have her true breed listed as an option. Kiki is an Olde English Bulldogge and unlike the English version this breed is not a coach potato! Kiki is a Hermes style bully and CKC registered, but that about all her previous owners did for her. When they turned her in they admitted to leaving her in the backyard for all 4 yrs of her life! Nice People! Yes her name sounds like a little lap dog, but after all she been through, she deserves to be treated just like the princess she is. As for her age, she is 4 years young! She is still very puppy like in her manners, and is only now learning to walk on a leash. But just like a puppy she LOVES to give kisses! Former bully breed experience is a MUST!

There weren't any English Bulldogs listed on www.Petfinder.com in Utah, but that doesn't mean they won't get any in the future. If you really want one, I'd suggest keeping an eye on that site or see what Shar or Laurie have at their rescue.

Fact: 1 in 4 shelter dogs are purebreds. Yes, even some come with papers if someone is concerned about that.

nitmik
11-15-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks Shan,

My last dog was a pure bread Brittany that I got from a local Shelter, she was a great dog. I also just got a cat from petco which Adopts stray cats.

Shan
11-15-2005, 10:20 AM
That's wonderful! I'm glad to hear that.

price1869
11-15-2005, 10:45 AM
Easy there Bob Barker, I'm definitely a proponent of getting your pets neutered. I just thought it might be a funny joke. Guess the joke's on me. :roll: My ferrets definitly have no "parts". Anyway . . .

Shan
11-15-2005, 10:52 AM
Bob Barker LOL!

Yeah, this is a touchy subject with me.

Sorry, since I'm really poor at humor over the internet I usually ask "are you for real?" You won't believe some of the mindset of people I've come across dealing with the public at adoption days.

rockgremlin
11-15-2005, 10:57 AM
After neutering him, you can call him "Not Virile" :lol8:

hesse15
12-12-2005, 05:25 PM
Your so full of sh*t Shane

This is a pic of my hot young stripper wife for James......

wow Shane she is really cute.

how did you meet?
i love her boots (mhh i have the same)
and the doggie loks adorable troublemaker about snoopy? like the shultz character?

Sombeech
12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Who's in that pic?

Iceaxe
12-12-2005, 05:34 PM

how did you meet?

The old fashion way... met her in a bar, poured gallons of booze down her throat, took her home, tied her to the bed and won't let her leave :haha:

hesse15
12-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Who's in that pic?
me and 2 vety good friends of mine
the guy is the one that teach me how to rockclimb very patient guy

hesse15
12-12-2005, 05:48 PM

how did you meet?

The old fashion way... met her in a bar, poured gallons of booze down her throat, took her home, tied her to the bed and won't let her leave :haha:
wow
is not as romantic as Ram and mountain woman but must work if she is still there.
and i saw the pictures of the girls in your webiste they are cute (all like the mom!!!)

does she do canyons too?

Iceaxe
12-17-2005, 11:39 PM
does she do canyons too?

Yeah.... shes not a fangirl but she does half a dozen canyons each year. :2thumbs:

not as romantic as

Romance????

That must be something the guys with little peckers have to use. :roflol:

Windwalker
12-18-2005, 08:06 AM
Romance????

That must be something the guys with little peckers have to use. :roflol:

Now That Hurt!! So your saying Romance is a crutch??

RedMan
12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
Hayduke from the Monkey Wrench gang.

Duke for short.