PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going...

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 12:08 PM
to the Depeche Mode concert on Saturday? Or, am I the only fan on this site... I know, they aren't ACDC, but I had to ask. Well, I am totally pumped for it. I watched thier "One night in Paris" concert last night and will be watching "101" tonight!!! I can't wait for Saturday!

accadacca
11-08-2005, 01:56 PM
No not attending. Nothing against anyone that is and we would like to hear about it.

Glockguy
11-08-2005, 01:57 PM
Depress Mode? No thanks..although the people watching would be fun for a little while.

accadacca
11-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Depress Mode? No thanks..although the people watching would be fun for a little while.
NICE!!! :feelgood: :hurryup: :drink:

I luv to watch the 80's folk that come to the rock shows. Lets just say that there is a steady stream of lights coming down from the Ogden area. Some driving old camaros with the back jacked up. :lol8:

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 02:20 PM
NICE!!! :feelgood: :hurryup: :drink:

I luv to watch the 80's folk that come to the rock shows. Lets just say that there is a steady stream of lights coming down from the Ogden area. Some driving old camaros with the back jacked up. :lol8:

Thats funny... but, they have really updated their sound, much in the same way that U2 has. They have a real rockin' sound now, if you don't beleive me sample a song or two from thier new album "Playing the Angel" on itunes. And, I always find it funny when people address them as "Depress Mode" I haven't ever thought that they were depressing. Is that just me? They aren't the typical "People are People" group anymore. I am really looking forward to seeing them again, live.

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:09 PM
Depeche Mode huh? Are you gonna dress up in black, and put black lipstick on? Have fun rubbing shoulders with the rest of the aged-80s-freaks. Let me know if they're all still wearing black. What's up with the all-black look anyways? I could never understand why that was so cool. Maybe that's why they're called Depress Mode huh?

Iceaxe
11-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Last concert I went to was Motley Crue.... Dr. Feelgood tour (circa 1990).....

Everything since has just been a downhill slide.....

:rockon:

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM
Depeche Mode huh? Are you gonna dress up in black, and put black lipstick on? Have fun rubbing shoulders with the rest of the aged-80s-freaks. Let me know if they're all still wearing black. What's up with the all-black look anyways? I could never understand why that was so cool. Maybe that's why they're called Depress Mode huh?

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

YOU ARE SOOO RIGHT!!! I am glad that I have someone so well versed in the concert scene sprouting forth thier opinion! What was the last concert you went to that actually had LIVE music?!?!? And, Moby doesn't count... Live music, J, not a glorified DJ.

eddy1911
11-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Superriffic S*,

I like Depeche Mode, too. I'm not going to their concert because I have a hard time affording the ticket prices. I do like their new stuff, it does sound very nice.

One of my favorite bands is The Cure. I really like their sound. Don't let the hard rockers get you down. I like AC/DC too, but us new waver, alternative kids need to stand together :D

Thanks to great radio stations like X96, you can hear some excellent music in Utah.

Eddy

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:22 PM
Hello pot, this is the kettle.....you're black.

How many concerts do YOU go to a year?! TWO? THREE?!! Wow!! You're a real concert connisseur!!

BTW, are you gonna paint your fingernails black too? Just curious...

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 03:29 PM
Hello pot, this is the kettle.....you're black.

How many concerts do YOU go to a year?! TWO? THREE?!! Wow!! You're a real concert connisseur!!

BTW, are you gonna paint your fingernails black too? Just curious...

My two or three is more than your zero!!! Sorry chap, afraid I win out on that argument. You can do better than that... flamer! Black finger nails... OF COURSE!!! But, I am afraid you are mixing Depeche Mode with The Cure. Depeche Mode isn't a goth band. The Cure really isn't either, but it seems that the gothics flock to them anyway. I won't have black fingernails. I will however be wearing my F-me boots!

derstuka
11-08-2005, 03:30 PM
to the Depeche Mode concert on Saturday? Or, am I the only fan on this site... I know, they aren't ACDC, but I had to ask. Well, I am totally pumped for it. I watched thier "One night in Paris" concert last night and will be watching "101" tonight!!! I can't wait for Saturday!

Personally, I think that Johnny Cash's remake of Depeche Mode's "Personal Jesus" is sweet!!! JC rules!

price1869
11-08-2005, 03:33 PM
No depeche mode, although I would like to. I'm going to the Samples at club Suede tonight though. There's an outdoors hippie band.

Price

www.thesamples.com

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Black finger nails... OF COURSE!!!

I knew it!!! :haha: My dig wasn't your concert attendance, it was on your choice of music BTW. :mrgreen:

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Black finger nails... OF COURSE!!!

I knew it!!! :haha: My dig wasn't your concert attendance, it was on your choice of music BTW. :mrgreen:

REALLY?!?!?!? I had no idea! Sure... you making comments about my concert going really relating to my poor choice in music is like me making comments about how went to a Moby concert but really you are embarrased to admit that you still like ACDC. J, give 'em a chance... I think you would really dig them if you just tried... Afterall Moby, Paul VanDyke, Paul Okenfold and BT all refer to Depeche Mode somewhere along the line.

You are slipping on your flame wars, dude.

eddy1911
11-08-2005, 03:52 PM
Sounds like we've got a case of the rockers vs. the wavers.

:boxing:

Eddy

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:53 PM
I'm not ashamed of any of the music I like...be it AC/DC or Oakenfold or Moby, I like em all. I probably would like Depeche's new stuff, although it's just easier to dis on em about their doomy and gloomy past. :haha:

I don't really consider myself slipping on the flame wars -- I'm just trying to find some common ground. :feelgood:

Superriffic S*
11-08-2005, 03:55 PM
I'm not ashamed of any of the music I like...be it AC/DC or Oakenfold or Moby, I like em all. I probably would like Depeche's new stuff, although it's just easier to dis on em about their doomy and gloomy past. :haha:

I don't really consider myself slipping on the flame wars -- I'm just trying to find some common ground. :feelgood:

You don't know how warm and fuzzy that makes me! But, I think it's out of character... a chance to argue with yours truly and you are passing it up... is there a glitch in the Matrix?

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 04:00 PM
Well, if it make you feel any better.....F___ OFF!!! :eatme:

price1869
11-09-2005, 12:00 AM
Rock Grem, you're a techo geek? I didn't know. But . . . Did you know that I went to Creamfields last year in Santiago, Chile?? Beat that.

nitmik
11-09-2005, 08:07 AM

I love Paul Oakenfold, he rules, My ipod has hours of his stuff.

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Ya, I've got almost everything Oakenfold has ever turned out. I went to see him at Club Bricks a little while ago. Awesome show!! Major T&A fest!! :2thumbs: I was like 10 feet away from him the entire show!

A few of my other favorites: Leftfield, Paul Van Dyke, BT, Dave Ralph, Dirty Vegas, Faithless, John Digweed, Jurgen Driessen, Soul Mekanik, Thievery Corporation, Underworld.

nitmik
11-09-2005, 09:42 AM
very good choices, but I had to add a couple

royksopp, The Grid, Inigma and Deep Forest

icthys
11-09-2005, 09:49 AM
I saw Oakenfold and BT during the film festival this year. Oakenfold wasn't so hot, BT was on fire along with Junkie XL. I've seen DJ Irene a few times here in SL, her best show was this year at the Vortex.

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 10:07 AM
Ya, I think Oakenfold gets complacent sometimes cause he's pretty well known. I've seen him twice, and the first time wasn't so hot. Either complacent or hung-over. :haha:

rockgremlin
11-09-2005, 10:11 AM
royksopp, The Grid, Inigma and Deep Forest

Good additions!! :2thumbs:

Superriffic S*
11-09-2005, 10:33 AM
Well, for those of you who don't like Depeche Mode, you won't care about this... so, you can stop reading now. :nono:

For those of you who do... My brother is getting us the major hookup to the after party for Depeche Mode. I get to meet the BAND!!! My brother rocks!!! :rockon:

nitmik
11-09-2005, 10:57 AM
Well, for those of you who don't like Depeche Mode, you won't care about this... so, you can stop reading now. :nono:

For those of you who do... My brother is getting us the major hookup to the after party for Depeche Mode. I get to meet the BAND!!! My brother rocks!!! :rockon:

That's way cool, I'm not a big Depeche Mode fan, I do have all their CD's though, including that one that was release last month, but I bet you'll have a great time

Sombeech
11-09-2005, 05:31 PM

I hope that works out for you. See if you can bring a camera in.

Good luck. I know how these things fall through sometimes. I hope you are able to meet them.

greyhair biker
11-12-2005, 07:40 AM
I have to defend DePeche Mode here...yeah, I'd go to the concert if I could get there! I have LOTS of their stuff (I collect music) & always have a cd in rotation somewhere! When are they coming again?!