PDA

View Full Version : Where's Derstuka?

rockgremlin
11-07-2005, 05:04 PM
It's been FOREVER since I've seen him around here. What the dealio? Here's hoping he's not dead! :ne_nau:

accadacca
11-07-2005, 07:24 PM
It's been FOREVER since I've seen him around here. What the dealio? Here's hoping he's not dead! :ne_nau:
Yeah I was thinking that the other day. Someone should send him an email and see whats up. Sombeech recruited him and should do the deed...

accadacca
11-07-2005, 07:31 PM
You know he probably just found a good CA based forum to hang with his own.

Sombeech
11-07-2005, 09:12 PM
Sombeech recruited him and should do the deed...

Ahh, the recruiter's job is never done.

derstuka
11-08-2005, 03:19 PM

I'm hoping that I am not dead either. 'Cuz, being dead would suck da big one. There's a few things (/girls) that I still might like to try out. Thanks to "Sombeech" for waking me out of my deep slumber!

It has been awhile. How you all be, Rockgremlin, Sombeech, Accadacca? I be fine, just busy with work mostly. I have turned into an single-speed freak and haven't touched my F/S geared bike for over a month! I'll attach a picture of the old girl at the 24 Hours of Adrenalin Idylwild race I went to in Sept. I guess I should be posting these pics in the mtn biking section. Ooops....

Kinda/sorta trying to plan a St George trip very soon, but not sure about the weather conditions during that time. Any tips/suggestions?

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:30 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! "Hello Clarise, it's good to see you again!"

You know, my bro-in-law also rides in those races that you do. This weekend he's competing for all-state. His name is n8 Kamerath, and from what I hear he's damn good.

derstuka
11-08-2005, 03:35 PM
WELCOME BACK!!!!!!! "Hello Clarise, it's good to see you again!"

You know, my bro-in-law also rides in those races that you do. This weekend he's competing for all-state. His name is n8 Kamerath, and from what I hear he's damn good.

Thank ya, thank ya, thank very much for the warm welcome. It's good to be back. :2thumbs:

I didn't actually participate in that race because I didn't have enough time to prep beforehand. I'm the type that doesn't want to race until I know I am at 100%. Ya know? I don't want to be hacking my lungs out. Right now I would do it, because I have been riding like hell lately. Hope your bro-in-law does well this weekend. Are you talking for the Utah all-state title? Tell him to put this crosshairs on David "Tinker" Juarez! Haha. I don't that Tinker will be there, but you never know.

accadacca
11-08-2005, 03:42 PM
Yo Yo DAWG good to hear from you. We need to get some of your pictures in the image fame bar.... :2thumbs: Again good to have you back. We need to hook up this winter in St. George for some riding. Sombeech and the posse are going to plan a trip soon.

derstuka
11-08-2005, 03:47 PM
Yo Yo DAWG good to hear from you. We need to get some of your pictures in the image fame bar.... :2thumbs: Again good to have you back. We need to hook up this winter in St. George for some riding. Sombeech and the posse are going to plan a trip soon.

Yes, that would be waaaaaay cool...heading to St. George that is. On average, how is the snow in St. George area?

How do I go about putting my images in the fame bar?

rockgremlin
11-08-2005, 03:57 PM
St. George gets VERY LITTLE snow. It's at pretty low altitude (something like 2500 ft), so it mostly gets rain if anything.

Just choose your favorite images, and put them in a new post entitled "Derstuka's Greatest Hits," and Acca will upload em for ya! :five:

Sombeech
11-08-2005, 08:19 PM
Hey Derstuka!! Waz up?

Looks like you've been busy. Good to see you again. Thanks for the pictures as always.

What are you wanting to hit in St George? I'm trying like HELL to get out of here this month, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Looks like December is the earliest time I can crawl out from under these school books (my last semester :rockon: )

But then of course, who am I kidding? December? Mid-holiday rush? There's always some kind of obstacle. I'm just glad school won't EVER be in the way again after this month.

derstuka
11-09-2005, 10:44 AM
St. George gets VERY LITTLE snow. It's at pretty low altitude (something like 2500 ft), so it mostly gets rain if anything.

Just choose your favorite images, and put them in a new post entitled "Derstuka's Greatest Hits," and Acca will upload em for ya! :five:

That is cool. I didn't think St. George got that much snow. Good to know.

Oh, and thanks for the tidbit on the fame bar. The problem now is, which ones? I take too many pictures I swear.

derstuka
11-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Hey Derstuka!! Waz up?

Looks like you've been busy. Good to see you again. Thanks for the pictures as always.

What are you wanting to hit in St George? I'm trying like HELL to get out of here this month, but it doesn't look like it will happen. Looks like December is the earliest time I can crawl out from under these school books (my last semester :rockon: )

But then of course, who am I kidding? December? Mid-holiday rush? There's always some kind of obstacle. I'm just glad school won't EVER be in the way again after this month.

I am busy at well. I have lots of work, and school a couple times a week. Crazy as it may sound, it might end up being Thanksgiving weekend (after Turkey day of course). I think it is the only time my friend can get enough time off. I was thinking of taking Monday off, and maybe coming in on Friday, or Saturday. Just throwing things in the air. December is always a possibility though. Nothing is set in stone yet.

Hey, has anybody done Bootleg Canyon near Las Vegas?

REDFOX
11-09-2005, 08:24 PM
I have been to Bootleg Canyon. It is actually in Boulder City, Nevada. I did a downhill race there. There is a huge network of trails built by Brent Thompson. I strongly recommend body armor if you are planning on doing any of the downhill trails, as the rocks are very sharp. Go to bootlegcanyon.org

Sombeech
11-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I strongly recommend body armor if you are planning on doing any of the downhill trails, as the rocks are very sharp.

Yeouch. That doesn't sound like the place for me.